Author Topic: What a journey so far....  (Read 676 times)

Offline Knarley Bob

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 75
What a journey so far....
« on: February 17, 2023, 10:26:00 AM »
Got myself an Armi Sport 1860 spencer carbine a couple seasons ago. Haven't shot it much, but it's a hoot for cowboy action matches. Went to shoot it "long range" last season at 100 yards. I might be able to hit a Greyhound bus at that distance, but I can't tell you what end. I'm no stranger to BPCR shooting, so I was to say the least perplexed. Got to work today, and the LYMAM mould I have casts out of round, .513" to .520". I slugged the barrel and my bore is .5035 to .512 . A sizing die would only smush the grease rings on one side so I guess I'm looking for a new mould. I have read about those altered LEE moulds, but I don't have that capacity in my shop, and I'm trying to get away from that brand of mould.

Any suggestions would be great.........
KB
Not on our watch

Offline El Supremo

• kevintinny@hotmail.com
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: What a journey so far....
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 10:57:25 AM »
Hello, Knarley:

Yep, Lyman moulds can be significantly out-of-round. I have seen 50 caliber Sharps ones .008" out.
I suggest you contact Accurate Bullet Molds in Salt Lake City. Accurate bores its moulds.  The website has all the technical info you will need. The owner is, by his description, deaf, so no calls or voicemails. I have several of Accurate's moulds and all are great.

Alternatively, you can call Buffalo Bullets/Arms out west. Speak to Dave Gullo, who is a respected BPCR shooter. 

Smiles,
El Supremo/Kevin Tinny

Pay attention to that soft voice in your head.

Offline Knarley Bob

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 11:32:08 AM »
Just ordered a two holer from accurate. I like his moulds........
Not on our watch

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:15:18 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com