Author Topic: Vintage Sniper Match?  (Read 2595 times)

Offline El Tio Loco

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: Vintage Sniper Match?
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2020, 07:30:43 PM »
Sounds like a fun match. Hitting a 6” 10 ring at 600 yards is quite a challenge for any rifle, let alone a surplus rifle shooting ball ammunition. They should use the old “V” targets from WW II era. A more generous scoring ring, I think the “V” targets had a 10” bulls eye and only scored out to  five, hence the “V” name.
Ken

Offline Ranch 13

• Top Active Citizen
    • Historic Shooting.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2020, 10:26:17 AM »
The General is being quite modest,  He failed to mention that at the 600 yard line he scored a 96 out of a possible 100!  Started with a 7, EIGHT 10s IN A ROW, and his final shot was a nine, which he said was a hangfire!( 60 year old M72 Match Ammunition)
This was with a rifle with a 2.5 power scope that he had only live fired a total of 7 times, sighters. The 10 ring is 6", 1 MOA at 600 yards, some damn fine shooting and a pretty good weapon also.

Major B.N. Scotty

Yes they do but they are shot on steel. For the most part vsn, and military rifles also compete along with the bpcr's at their spring match and the Dean Scoggins memorial match, not sure about the Sagebrush match, albeit they shoot in their own category and class, IE VSR and military iron.
Eat more beef the west wasn't won on a salad.

Offline ira scott

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • AKA: Broken Nose Scotty
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 59
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2020, 09:01:56 PM »
I see after reading the quote that I need to make a correction. The X ring is 6" on the 600 yard target, the 10 ring is 12", or 2 MOA!  The black bulls-eye is 36" which is the includes the 7 ring,  and the final scoring ring is the 5 which is 60".

Humbled,  Major B.N. Scotty
It is far better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt!

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 04:25:25 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com