Author Topic: Fort Sill  (Read 11505 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Fort Sill
« on: September 15, 2004, 10:46:26 AM »
Tawards the end of the day Delmonico crosses out of Texas and into the Indian Territory and into another thread. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
Re: Fort Sill
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 12:18:09 PM »
(That guy sure gets around.)
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 12:25:03 PM »
As Delmonico rides accross the plains he gets ta thinkin' maybe I can pick up a shotgun in Fort Sill. that way I could shoot some geese on the river for feathers and I could just restuff the tick, any extra's Slim could use for other reasons.  Might see if they got some tar also, the 'lasses came off to easy. ;D

Delmonico laughs to himself, thinkin' of the stink of Slim tarrin' and featherin' a fella and then brandin' them. :P
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:31:05 PM »

Offline Brazos Bucky Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 12:26:24 PM »

Brazos Bucky Smith rides up out of a wash and sees another White man approching on a mule.  Can't quite put a face on him so a whoopin' and a hollerin' so he does not get himself shot, he rides on up to the feller.  Well, I'll be its Delmonico!

he rides up and leans comfortabley across his saddle horn and says "Fancy meetin' you here Delmonico, thought you was off a huntin' the Buff?  Yeah, I know, I was a headin' up towards Wyoming, but while I was a riden' it dawned on me, ITS GONNA BE GETIIN' COLD UP THAT A WAYS'!  So here I be.  Got any of that good grub your known ta fix?"

BB
Brazos Bucky
"A man oughta do what he thinks is right."
BOLD #566, NRA Life (Endowment)
SASS #59058, SBSS #1605, SCORRS

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 01:03:56 PM »
Well I'm headin' ta Fort Sill, read the South from Dodge thread ta get the whole story.  Ya can ride with me or got to the camp.  Gopher Grease is cookin' till I get back, ya met him yet, I don't have time ta check back in the Nuther Story thread right now.  Did ya find a salloon dress fer yer wife yet? ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Brazos Bucky Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 01:54:17 PM »

"Yep, I'm aworkin on one. 8)  Suppose to be real purtty. :o  A blue one.  Well, go ahead on to Fort Sill, and I'll mosy on back the way you came.  Keep your hair on!"  With that Brazos spurs his horse, who gives a little buck to let him know he is there, and they start to follow Delmonico's back trail twoards the buff camp.
Brazos Bucky
"A man oughta do what he thinks is right."
BOLD #566, NRA Life (Endowment)
SASS #59058, SBSS #1605, SCORRS

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 02:09:20 PM »
Delmonico rides inta Fort Sill, the sutler has a fine feather piller which he buys.  Lookin' round he finds a cheap shotgun for only $5, a single shot breech loadin 12 gauge marked Zulu on it.  Delmonico says, that will work for flock shooti' geese and ducks at night and shootin' turkeys out of the roost after dark.  We ain't out here ta be sportin'.   ;D

He then saddles his mule again and heads back taward the buffalo huntin' camp in Texas.  (Or did they still spell it Tejas?)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 03:08:17 PM »
As Delmonico draws near the Texas state line and the South of Dodge thread, he wonders did they get anything done the last four days while I was travelin'.  I'll bet there ain't nothin' been done while I was gone 'cept the sauerbraten will be ready to cook.  ;D

Delmonico laughs to himself ta think that a roast would get more done than the guys back at camp. ;D 

If I didn't need ta get back ta camp I could go on down ta Fort Concho and see Gineral Lew Wallace.  But that would invole startin' another thread and confusin' folks even more.  No I'll go back ta South of Dodge  thread fer a while, sauerbraten sounds good, besides that I need ta finish the recipe in case someone wants ta try it. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2004, 04:51:18 PM »
So close ta the Texas line and the South of Dodge thread that he can see them, Delmonico says out loud ta nobody but himself and the mule, "I hope Slim got him some strychinne ta take with him in an emply catridge case, if the Comanche's catch him huntin' buffalo by himself and capture him................  Better not think about it, 4 days is to long ta take a dyin', the strychnine would at least be quick, even if it would make him poop his pants as he died. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Here's to Miss AnnieLee!
    • Trinity aka Chicory Kid Rides
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2004, 07:27:05 PM »
Off in the distance Trinity can barely be seen riding and drinking.  He weaves in his saddle, it's a wonder that he can even hold on. 

Then he barfs... :P
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2004, 07:46:07 PM »
Suddenly a US Deputy Marshall shows up, seeing the bottle of whiskey he disarms Trinity and puts him in handcuffs and leg iruns. 

The drunken Trinity says, "what is this for."

"Intordooooching alcholic spirits ta the Indian Territory," the deputy says,  "when you crossed inta this theard ya ain't in Texas no more.  We're goin' ta Fort Smith Arkansaaaaw ta see Judge Isaac Parker, ya know the hangin' Judge."   

"Course this ain't a hangin' offense, ya won't get more'n 20 years for this."
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2004, 11:31:42 PM »
Delmonico passes into The Nations and the Fort Sill thread at the same time.  Following the two tracks he rides along, suddenly from the north a third track merges with the other two.  Lookin' at the track and the horse poop, Delmonico can tell it is a US Deputy Marshall.  (Did I tell you not only is he a good cook he's a mighty fine tracker.)   ;)

Soon he comes to a place where the two horses have stopped for about 5 minutes and then Delmonico can tell that Trinity's horse is now being led.  "Durn it," Delmonico says,  "I'll bet he has been arrested fer liquooor violations."  (Meaning of cousre he has been caught with booze on Indian land not that he has, well, uhm, ah, been violating the liquor bottle.) :D

Following the track, Delmonico can tell it is Deputy Duckworth not that one with the patch over one eye, that Cogburn fella, he's mean.  By knowing which Deputy it is Delmonico forms a plan to rescue Trinity, he will give the Deputy somethin' more valuable than Trinity.   ::)

(Well how hard could that be, Trinity has been a pain in the arse all through three, no wait four threads.  But he is a pard, so our hero will do all he can, before the two ahead end up in Fort Smith and into another thread.) ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2004, 08:00:11 AM »
Delmonico sees a small camp up ahead in the bend of a stream, Trinity's horse is tied to a tree and Trinity is chaind to the next tree.  A fire is goin' and a pot of coffee is boilin' on the fire. (Delmonico thinks ta himself,"Durn heathen deputy, don't even know how to make good coffee, he should check out my post in the CAS-City Historical Society on how ta make good coffee.") ;D

"Hallooo the camp he hollers out as he draws near!"
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2004, 01:08:56 PM »
"Come on in," says the deputy, "have a cup of coffee, it's awful though." :P

Delmonico then tells him, that he well give him a pound of Arbuckles coffee and teach him to make good coffee in exchange for the release of Trinity. ::)

The deputy thinks a minute and decides it's a good trade, provided Trinity promises ta stay out of The Nations with his bottle.  Trinity of course agrees and is unchained.  ;D

Delmonico and Trinity ride North-west and out of the Nations and into Texas and inta the South of Dodge thread. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2004, 06:35:12 PM »
Trinity turns his head to Delmonico and says: "Ah certainly am thankful fer that rescue, but Ah had that Marshall right where Ah wanted him.  Now, just what didja mean bah 'Trinity has been a pain in the arse all through three, no wait four threads' ???????"  Trinity's eyes begin to well with tears. :'(  "Ahm rather sensitive, ya know, an ya done gone an hurt mah feelins!"
"Finest partner I ever had.  Cleans his paws and buries his leavin's.  Lot more than some folks I know."

"I fumbled through my closet for my clothes, And found my cleanest dirty shirt" - K.Kristofferson

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2004, 07:14:26 PM »
Well ya have been, but what fun would any of these threads been with out ya being that way.  Theyed a been boring and they aint.  Have ya been lookin at how many folks have been readin' them? ;D ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Trinity

• AKA the Chicory Kid
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2004, 08:10:04 PM »
Trinity quickly composes himself.  No self respecting "Right hand of the Devil" would be caught sobbing.  "Shucks, Ah was just funnin ya...  ya reckon other folks is reading us???  Ah din't know no one was reading cept us."  Trinity nervously looks left and right, why if this got out, his reputation would be in tatters.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2004, 10:49:56 AM »
The Commanches that was gonna roast Slim's brains pass outta Texas and inta the Fort Sill thread.  Trinity scared them so bad the headed back to the reservation. ;D ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2004, 07:16:36 PM »
Delmonico rides inta The Nations and the Fort Sill thread following the tracks of the Comanches that Trinity scared with his loud bowel movement. :P

He decides that havin' Slim hung upside down over a fire all weekend would be cruel, besides that his wife and 16 children would miss his visit.  But they could just chase him a bit on his return. :o

Delmonico studies his map and decides that the headwaters of Medicine Lodge Creek would be a good place for the "ambush.' ;D

Finding the Comanche camp Delmonico slips in with out them noticing (once in camp yer safe) in sign language he explains his plan and offers them $40 dollars in gold.  They accept the offer cause they really ain't bad folk they are just hungary livin' on the reservation.  They wern't really gonna roast Slim, what he didn't know is they just wanted the change that fell out of his pockets.  With the ambush set up for early Monday mornin' Delmonico rides off toward camp and the South of Dodge thread. ;D ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2004, 08:52:11 PM »
The Commanches leave the Fort Sill thread and head for the headwaters of Medicine Lodge Creek. ::) ;D
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com