Author Topic: M1889 Vetterlis for sale FYI  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
M1889 Vetterlis for sale FYI
« on: June 14, 2014, 08:35:39 PM »
Just received the latest Sportsmans Guide catalog: "Krazy Days Sale"  In it are Swiss Vettrli's for $720.  Have no idea what kind of deal this is, but just so ya knows.
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: M1889 Vetterlis for sale FYI
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 09:23:24 PM »
Sounds kinda high to me. But then, often his stuff sounds kinda high, but it still must be selling.

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 09:14:21 AM »
I'll sell you one for less than half of that, already converted to center fire! ;D ;D

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:01:14 PM »

JohnsonBarr

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 03:32:12 PM »
John if you still have it, I'll take her off your hands if you can wait till we come up for the Ruckus.  -J.Barr

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 03:39:46 PM »
PM'd ya.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 05:04:27 PM »
Got my "Krazy Days" sale catalog in the mail today, too.

"A real piece of history you can take out to the range and enjoy." "Ready to fire."

They forgot to mention that .41 Swiss rimfire ammunition is non-existent.

RCJ

p.s. As to price, I've been seeing the price on Vetterli's creeping up on the gun auction sites. $720 would be a top price for a pristine shooter, though.
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com