Author Topic: IAC 1897 Shotgun "Historically Correct"?  (Read 4609 times)

Offline TucsonTonk

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
IAC 1897 Shotgun "Historically Correct"?
« on: July 06, 2010, 10:11:24 PM »
Hello all.

I'm brand new to CAS and am hoping someone can tell me what "Historically Correct" means when it comes to the IAC 1897. Ive used the search function and haven't had much luck. I only discovered there were two versions when I looked on Davidson's to see what a IAC 1897 would run me and surprise there are two different versions. A "Historically Correct" version and I guess a "Modern" version.

What does "Historically Correct" actually mean in this case?
Is there advantages or disadvantages to the "Historically Correct" version vs the more "Modern" version?
Are both versions SASS legal?
Which of the two would be better suited to a new Cowboy Shooter?

I thank you in advance and I appreciate your time.

Offline Jefro

• Top Active Citizen
  • know matter where you go, there you are
  • Liked:
Re: IAC 1897 Shotgun "Historically Correct"?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 06:46:19 AM »
Howdy Tucson, you want the Historically Correct model, the port size matches the originals. The 97W is know as the 93/97, it has a larger port like the 1893 and function like the 1897, bottom line it is not approved for SASS. Good Luck, and Welcome. :)

Jefro
sass # 69420....JEDI GF #104.....NC Soot Lord....CFDA#1362
44-40 takes a back seat to no other caliber

Offline lonedog

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 11:34:28 PM »
Only the long-discontinued 93/97 is called a 93. The 97W just means it has walnut wood. The 97 Historically Correct version is manufactured without the buttons on the side of the receiver that allow racking the slide no matter the hammer position. Hammer must be fully down to rack the slide on the historically correct version.

All 3 are nice guns. The 3 best versions of the IAC 97s. Whoops, wait a minute. Forgot the latest iteration of the IAC Trench Gun, now that is the epitome of the IAC 97s. Unfortunately the Trench Gun is not legal for regular SASS CAS, but is legal for SASS WBAS. The 93/97 is out of print for several years but is a great gun. I picked up 2 cheap when Big 5 was closing them out. Unfortunately not legal for SASS CAS or WBAS, but legal for NCOWS.

There is one for sale here on the classifieds. Price is nice considering it is NIB and there will never be any more made.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:42:31 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com