Author Topic: FS: Winchester Model 1895 Lee Navy Straight Pull  (Read 14582 times)

Offline Guns Garrett

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: FS: Winchester Model 1895 Lee Navy Straight Pull
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 10:15:00 PM »
Wasn't the .220 Swift originally formed from the 6mm Navy case?  Wiki says the "original" was formed from the .250-3000 Savage, but Winchester's COMMERCIAL version was "based" on the 6mm Navy.  The .220 has a semi-rimmed case, but the rim and base dia of the 6mm are the same (.448")....I dunno...
"Stand, gentlemen; he served on Samar"

GAF #301

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 07:52:51 AM »
Guns you are right, the case can be made from 220 Swift.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 04:44:07 PM »
I seem to remember reading about that sometime-that you can use .22 Swift brass, but the neck will be a bit short, but not too shrt to work.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 08:42:50 PM »

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2012, 12:18:56 PM »
I have located and purchased a correct bayonet for the Lee Navy, sans scabbard.

Condition a tad 'used', but so much the better since I plan to 'fix bayonet' and use it at GAF shoots from time to time. Will look for a better grade complete bayonet with scabbard in future for display.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline 6mm USN

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2012, 08:42:25 PM »
Found this out there though it is a bit steep.  It might be what you are looking for your display.

http://www.jjmilitaryantiques.com/catdet.asp?TargetItem=13453&CategoryType=saberbayus

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2012, 09:23:40 AM »
Yes, a bit steep. I've been told that they can be found for the $650-800.00 range, or perhaps a bit better, in as good a condition. Best source may be gun shows rather than online sites.

It does give me a nice visual of what the scabbard looks like. And the grade certainly would match the nice grade of my rifle, to be sure.

I found my example for around a fourth of that asking price, although in a lesser grade with slight crack in left grip. At least I have a proper bayonet to "Fix Bayonet" and attack the target dummy at Musters.

6mm USN, thanks for the resource! I can use all the help I can get on this journey.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com