Author Topic: Adams Mark III ('Model of 1872') .450 revolver acquired ...  (Read 20206 times)

Offline minerotago

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Adams Mark III ('Model of 1872') .450 revolver acquired ...
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 04:49:16 AM »
Love it - a nice gun indeed. A few of these turn up now and again even down here in the far flung corners of the Empire!
I picked up a big .50 cal cased tranter and it came from Canada. The frames of these were also much the same as the Adams and the similarity to your guns frame can readily be seen though mine is a percussion revolver.

I dont know for certain but it is quite likely that you may be able to use Fiocchi shells out of yours. I know that they were downloaded so my spies tell me as they would fit a lot of the earlier pistols. Out here in Kiwiland they cost $78NZ per packet of 50 so dont know what they would cost there. At least they could be a good source of brass.

Offline RattlesnakeJack

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: Adams Mark III ('Model of 1872') .450 revolver acquired ...
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 12:17:54 AM »
Thanks for the kind words, Minerotago!

I do a lot of reloading and have acquired a few hundred of the new Hornady .455 MkII cases, which work just fine in this revolver ....   (Notwithstanding being identified as .450, .476 and .455, the various British service revolver cartridges are in fact all .455's, actually .... which is certainly a blessing!)

Despite my indication in an earlier posting in this thread that I was delighted to learn that my Adams will chamber MkII .455 cartridges ... I have recently discovered that holds true for only five of the six chambers!  Oh well ... I have developed the habit of just loading five chambers of a revolver, anyway ....
Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com