Author Topic: Marlan Ingram ?  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
Marlan Ingram ?
« on: July 14, 2022, 01:23:05 PM »
Although I only joined NCOWS last year, I bought a slew of back-issues of the Shootist and am very slowly working my way through them, mostly starting with the older issues.  I've enjoyed a number of authenticity articles by Marlan Ingram (alias O.T. Buchannan).  I notice that he was last active on CasCity ten years ago, and is not on the NCOWS member list.  Did he become inactive?  I hope he is still alive and well.

I may have more queries in the future regarding other names that seem to be folks that were very involved back then with the Shootist.

Offline Navy Six

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 26385
  • NCOWS #: 1410
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
Re: Marlan Ingram ?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 05:09:11 PM »
I used to look forward to his articles as well. I cut them out and started a reference file that I still go back to. Hope he is doing OK.
Only Blackpowder Is Interesting 
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun." Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 05:54:22 PM »
He is a life member, but has not been active recently.  He was/is in Law enforcement. 
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:20:48 PM »

Offline Yuma Kid

• NCOWS Editor (The Shootist Magazine)
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John "Yuma Kid" Irons
  • SASS #: 31302
  • NCOWS #: L129
  • GAF #: 767
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2022, 06:23:05 PM »
Marlin is alive and well, I am friends with him on Facebook. He does not post much and is busy as a firearms instructor.
Keep Yer Powder Dry!

NCOWS #L129,  G.A.F. # 767, SASS #31302, NRA Life Endowment, Lancaster County Bounty Collection Agentcy #29

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 06:45:37 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  People's interests and activities can change for a lot of reasons.  I'm glad he is still with us.  His contributions were significant in those early issues.  Yuma, if you would, please pass on to Marlan that his work is still being seen and appreciated for the first time.  Thanks.

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 360
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2022, 08:42:44 AM »
Yep he's around and as far as I know doing well. He works and does firearms training at a local gun range in my hometown. I haven't seen him when I was at the range and have meant to reach out to him. If I see him I'll let him know everyone is thinking of him. I'm sure he'll really appreciate it.

It's funny because I had read and enjoyed some of his writing and a few years ago saw he was here local to me so I reached out to him to see if he was the same Marlan Ingram. Such a small world. Great guy.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline Yuma Kid

• NCOWS Editor (The Shootist Magazine)
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • John "Yuma Kid" Irons
  • SASS #: 31302
  • NCOWS #: L129
  • GAF #: 767
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2022, 09:13:01 PM »
Will do!
Keep Yer Powder Dry!

NCOWS #L129,  G.A.F. # 767, SASS #31302, NRA Life Endowment, Lancaster County Bounty Collection Agentcy #29

Offline Jake MacReedy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2022, 02:41:00 PM »
Abilene, and all: Marlin wrote several articles on using original S&W revolvers and cartridge conversion in CAS that were published in The Backwoodsman magazine about 20 or so years ago.  I truly enjoyed those articles and still have them!  Please let him know from me as well, that he is missed!  Does he still have all of his old, original S&W's?

Regards,
Jake

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com