Author Topic: Problems with Beretta Goldrush need HELP!  (Read 13500 times)

Offline marko

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Problems with Beretta Goldrush need HELP!
« on: February 21, 2017, 04:51:55 PM »
Hello

I saw there was a SASS with the handle of Deadeye Dallas, SASS #60249 and that he worked on and was able to make a Beretta run smoothly. Does anyone know where i can contact this Gentlemen...i purchased a NIB and yes i know they are discontinued Gold rush that does not feed or fails to fire. Its a danger and i would like to have a smith who has worked /fixed these help me out.
I appreciate any help in this matter thanks and i look forward to feedback Mine is in 45c.

Marko

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
Re: Problems with Beretta Goldrush need HELP!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 10:00:49 PM »
I saw accounts of DD working on Taurus Thunderbolts and getting them to run welll after a number of mods and fixes.  Haven't heard of him working on the Gold Rush but perhaps.  Seems I heard he wasn't working on the Taurus anymore, or maybe working on anything?  I don't know.  Now I do know that Lassiter in Ohio is a master on the Lightnings, as well as other guns.  I do not have his contact info but someone will.  There's another guy named El Rod I think who is a known Lightning guy.  And Pettifogger on this site is very versed on these and will likely chime in here.  I will see him tomorrow and will make sure he knows about this.  Good luck.

Offline marko

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 10:09:38 AM »
Thank you sir.....i can't wait to get in touch with some one that can fix this problem, look forward to hearing from those members you spoke of. also i can be reached at marko65@gmail.com

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:06:13 AM »

Offline marko

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 10:49:32 AM »
It doesn't look like anyone comes to this site much?

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 10:03:56 PM »
I saw Pettifogger today and mentioned this to him.  He is one of the Arizona Rangers who put on Winter Range (as well as shooting the match) so he's a little busy these days.  He said he has three of the Goldrushes and that it took a fair amount of work to get them running right.  I'm sure he'll respond when he can.  There's a couple of other gunsmith types that frequent this site but I don't know if they are familiar with the Goldrush.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 07:42:34 AM »
with judicious placement & pipe cleaners as ties....  they'll pass muster as tomato sticks....

OK   ;D  that is a bit  un-characteristic harsh , they don't out of the box like speed cycling....
If you are tiring to use them reliably for WAS.

Uberti/Beretta  , USFA, Taurus & Pedersoli  all offered them...

Uberti/Beretta , Pettifogger has the skinny

For USFA it became one of the nails in their Coffin ... another costly folly

Taurus discontinued them, ( as casual pinker,  I know of one in 45 Cal. that seems to work... "casual"  that is 

I've seen Pedersoli's  run , can't say to the behind the scenes tuning

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline marko

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 10:31:19 AM »
So no one knows of a Smith that can fix the problem?

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 12:33:01 PM »
So no one knows of a Smith that can fix the problem?

Pettifogger
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 02:02:20 PM »
When I mentioned this to Pettifogger, he said he hadn't seen it.  Said he doesn't check this forum.   He may see it here eventually but if you post this in the Gunsmithing forum I'm sure he will see it.  He is retired as far as gunsmithing so he won't be able to fix yours but can very likely offer you ideas as to what may need to be done.

If you do need to send it off, my highest recommendation would be Lassiter.  I found this contact info from 2014, but I think it is still current:
Tom's Single Action Shop New Lebanon OH Tom Wildenauer
937-687-1039

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 09:46:51 AM »
The first limited production Taurus pumps worked well, but crapped out when mass production cuts and decreased QC.  I fired two Pedersolis.  One functioned flawlessly, the other was a tomato stake...  Consider Colt had issues with them, and they used all forged parts.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline marko

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 07:00:58 PM »
When I mentioned this to Pettifogger, he said he hadn't seen it.  Said he doesn't check this forum.   He may see it here eventually but if you post this in the Gunsmithing forum I'm sure he will see it.  He is retired as far as gunsmithing so he won't be able to fix yours but can very likely offer you ideas as to what may need to be done.

If you do need to send it off, my highest recommendation would be Lassiter.  I found this contact info from 2014, but I think it is still current:
Tom's Single Action Shop New Lebanon OH Tom Wildenauer
937-687-1039

I got my Lightning back from midwest gunworks and they broke it.... but swore they shot an entire box of rounds through it. Thanks for the information about TOM and  Toms single action . Really nice guy and i spoke with him at length about lightning rifles....sent it off to him a few weeks ago.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com