Author Topic: The server is fixed and it's Aug, coffee here, July is over.  (Read 40433 times)

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The server is fixed and it's Aug, coffee here, July is over.
« Reply #160 on: August 30, 2016, 10:15:14 PM »
I avoid typing on anything that uses a touch screen....including my wife's I-pad. Got to have a keyboard.

Babysitting a pressure cooker right now. Garden's doing too good this year, when this batch gets done there'll be 52 quarts of beans, one a week for a year! Made about 50 pints of pickles, not gonna buy more jars! People at work and church will just have to eat more to keep up.....Still making salsa, only have 20 pints of that so far. Wife's frozen a bunch of her Asian veggies.  Looking forward to putting the canning stuff away soon, take a break from food processing until deer season gets here.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2016, 03:02:55 AM »
Touch screen don't get me started  >:(
and those damnable touch/slide mouse things on the laptops  ::)   
I have a Logitech accessory mouse under hand, far better feel & control ...
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #162 on: August 31, 2016, 08:29:05 AM »
Morning all.

I don't particularly like touch screens, either.  I have an Android phone of some flavor, but typing in general is a PIA.  I much prefer my computer with an actual keyboard...when it works. ::)

In other news, my padre is picking up his new handgun that I bought him.  S&W M&P Shield 9.   Oddly enough, my father that grew up in a home with an impressive gun collection and served in the Military never really did a whole lot of handgun shooting.  We'll fix that.   8)
Now I just have to decide about my mother.  Do I want her to have 5 shots of .38 standard pressure ammo out of a S&W Centennial, or 8 shots of Underwood Ammo/Leheigh(?) Defense .32ACP Xtreme Cavitator out of a Beretta tip-up.  She can't work a slide on a standard pistol, and she was afraid of the recoil on my .45 1911, so I'm unsure which would be better.  Right now, I'm really leaning towards the Beretta, just so it can pull double duty as a dispatch gun for me when I'm out in the hills hunting. ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Advertising

« Reply #163 on: Today at 02:34:19 AM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 426
« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2016, 08:59:41 AM »
just an opinion

I got my Wife  a S&W Mod. 60 ...and load with Hornady Critical Defense...
I carry a Mod. 36 Nickel and also use Hornady Critical Defense

or if I have coat a 1911 ...but seldom

what Beretta are you looking at ?
when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com