Author Topic: Another Fringed Item  (Read 6713 times)

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
Another Fringed Item
« on: October 04, 2005, 12:38:52 PM »
THought I would post as when I played as a kid, I was always the native american.  As such I have a fondness for all things fringed.  I made this for my Brother-in-law, who took up archery during hunting season last year.  Put the pocket on it as a joke for him, he was "busted" for practicing with his bow, in an approved area, during July, with practice tips, shooting at a conservation department provided target.  The new conservation agent tried to bust him for hunting without a license, and no I.D.  The head agent for the area threw out the ticket and apologized, but I made the quiver for him so he would have a place to keep it.  (attaching a pattern as well)
The fur is rabbit and the conchos are some mussel shells my mother-in-law gave me.  she also gave me the shed antler that I made the button out of.  The straps are held in place by two shank bones from dinner one night.  I "antiqued" then with some fieblings light brown leather dye.

Offline Danny Bear Claw

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Another Fringed Item
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 12:09:07 AM »
Nice work Mo.  My wife, Maggie Three Feathers, and I make Native American things too.  We make Dream Catchers, Medicine Wheels, Talking Sticks, Talking Feathers and do decorated skulls.  I know you really can't see them but in my avatar is a Dream Catcher and a decorated steer skull we made.  We'll be watching your posts and thanks for sharing with us.    8)
SASS #5273 Life.   NRA Life member.  RATS # 136.   "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us".

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 12:09:48 AM »
Cool quiver!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:38:31 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com