Author Topic: Hammers for New Black HawksHi All  (Read 4124 times)

Offline JOHNACM

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hammers for New Black HawksHi All
« on: March 08, 2013, 06:50:45 PM »
Hi All, Where can i buy Montado or SBH hammers for New Black Hawks 45cal & 357? Are Bisley Hammers interchangeable with the New Black Hawks?  Any info will be helpful. Thanks

Offline yeti76620

• Reverend Sassquatch Dawg
  • Top Active Citizen
  • It's a good day to die....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Hammers for New Black HawksHi All
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 09:04:32 PM »
Hey Pard!......Welcome!   ;D

I love this subject and I did a little thread here some time back that has a bit of "gas bag'n" in it about Super Blackhawk hammers into OM Vaqueros after it became "SASS Legal" to do so....

These "Old Model" parts came from MidwayUSA and Brownelle's {Numrich too  ???} and they slip'd right in and it was a fun project....  ;D

I would think that the "SASS" New Model Vaqueros that have the Montado hammers in them would go in reverse of what I did to the New model SBH....

The "Bisley" hammers had different part numbers on then and I did NOT want to take the chance that they might be different so I did NOT mess with them but I'm bet'n that they WOULD have worked.... :-\  :-\  :-\  :-\  {Why re-invent the wheel as I suspect that the internal section of the hammers in ALL the SA Rugers would swap....MAYBE}

I like the SBH hammers more then my Bisley hammers 'cause they're wider with the knurling more aggressive and I'm guessing that the Montado hammers are very similar to the Bisley style too.....  ???

Good Luck and HAVE FUN!
NRA LIFE Member     SASS #76620     SCAA #1    RATS #480    OUTLAW

“Lord, make me accurate, my aim true, and my hand faster than those who would do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be "If only I had my gun"; finally Lord, if today is truly the day that You call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.” ...... Amen

http://www.nationalgunrights.org/
CONTACT YOUR POLITICIANS: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

Offline Dalton Masterson

• Freeda Bee Mee's driver and ammo loader
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Wheeeeee!
    • Dalton Masterson's site
  • SASS #: 51139
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 10:19:51 AM »
The Bisley hammer has a little more meat in it at the rear where it goes into the grip frame. I had to do a little contour work with a dremel tool to make it work. (work on the hammer, not the grip  :o)
After that, it all works like it was made that way.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:36:54 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com