Author Topic: Type 14 Nambu  (Read 1581 times)

Offline Colt Fanning

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Type 14 Nambu
« on: December 10, 2015, 09:14:54 AM »
Hello,
I have been shooting a type 14 nambu circa 1930.  I have installed new wolf springs throughout.  After firing 5-10 rounds
the firing pin extension bends where it passes through the cocking knob thus binding the firing pin.  I don't see how any force
could be applied to the extension.  Does anyone know of a site where I could post a question to a nambu expert?
Regards
Colt

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
Re: Type 14 Nambu
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 11:32:01 AM »
The Type 14's firing pin extension isn't truly hardened.

The IJA knew this, and issued two per pistol 'just in case' and never really addressed the problem, since they didn't view the weapon as a frontline combat weapon - they viewed it as more of a 'badge of rank' for those whose jobs required them to 'direct' rather than 'engage', and Officers had their katanas for that, anyway, since those were the more honorable weapon.

Using that logic, they worked well for the purpose.

If you're shooting it very often - you've probably shot more rounds through it yourself than were fired since it was built and throughout the war.

What ammunition are you using and does it exceed the known factory specs of the IJA?

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline Colt Fanning

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 12:59:52 PM »
Hello,
I have been using the ammo sold by Buffalo arms which is a 100 grn copper coated lead bullet, 4.1 grns of probably clays (judging from the smell when fired).  The cases are swagged from 357 Sig.  I have also tried the same cartridge with 3.4 grns of Titegroup.
Regards
Colt

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:10:50 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com