Author Topic: Any real news on Ruger's schedule as to building Marlin lever rifles?  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Just askin'.
Mustang
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
I was reading on one of the many gun forums I check on/read that Ruger put a statement out that they believe by the end of the year (2021) they will be producing/offering Marlins for sale. If I recall right it would be the 336, 94's, and maybe the 22LR semi-auto Model 60. A lotta chatter for them to produce the 39A and the 39M .22's also. Rather see those than the Model 60.

Ruger advised that due to moving equipment from Remington, getting new equipment, training employee's, and getting the feel of Marlins lever gun production is why the delay. Statement referred to they (Ruger) not wanting to hurry the production, but wanting to get it right from the start. Alot of chatter about Rugers Marlin purchase on Ruger.org gun forum-maybe it was there I read the info. Wonder what handle these will have? Rulin's? Marger's? Maybe just thee Ol "Marlin's" will suffice!
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
and maybe the 22LR semi-auto Model 60. A lotta chatter for them to produce the 39A and the 39M .22's also. Rather see those than the Model 60.

Would seem odd for the producer of the 10/22 to also produce their own primary competition, the Marlin mod 60. The Model 39 would seem to make more sense.

Advertising

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
Would seem odd for the producer of the 10/22 to also produce their own primary competition, the Marlin mod 60. The Model 39 would seem to make more sense.

That thought occurred to me also, but there are those Marlin Mod 60 fans out there and any profit from their sales, well goes into Ruger's bank account same as a 10-22 does. Ref the 39's, I suppose Ruger can't come out right away with every popular model from the get-go, but as popular as the 39's were and still are, I wouldn't doubt that somewhere in Rugers 'mover and shaker' board meetings there has been discussion in bringing either or both the 39A and 39M out after start up models get on track. I'm more of a fan of the M model, although I have both the A and M. Bought my 39M in June of 1970 for $94.00 from Herter's in Waseca, Minn. Still have it and even after 1000's of rds through it, it could be listed at 90% plus in condition. Haven't had my mid 1950 39A that long, but its in beautiful shape also.
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline beefmalone

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
I wish they would hurry up so Marlin prices would come back down to earth.

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
Not interested in buying any more cas rifles with 3 Marlins, 3 ubertis and a Winchester already but it would be great if Marlin is successfully saved from going out of business by Ruger, another great American company. I’ve got a pile of Rugers too.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com