Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Frontier Iron

Pepperbox!

<< < (2/2)

Coffinmaker:

:)  PLUS ONE to Major 2  >:(

This guy is an IDIOT.  A scraggly beard, Aussie bush shirt and hat do not an authority make.  I also noticed everything in his Possibles Bag, including the Bag, are new.

I find it annoying, as soon as some fool learns to post a video, they suddenly think they have become an educator and expert.  Expert - Noun - Ex=a has been;  Spert = a drip under pressure.

Mogorilla:
Funny that we all get similar youtube recommendations.    I watched this on Friday and cringed when he loaded it.   I did enjoy the shooting as I have been fascinated with pepperboxes since watching Rooster Cogburn. 
"I got me a pepperbox here.  This thing shoots 6 times, sometimes all at once.   It is called a Lady's Companion.  That's what it'll be when I'm gone.  In Fort Smith, there is a sportin' lady named Big Faye.  She was shot twice with this thing, but she dressed out at 290 so none of the bullets found their way to the vitals.  But against ordinary people it gives good service."
I have one (2 actually, but 2nd one is mainly for parts) of the Classic Arms kit guns, not good and not a double action.   I also have this one.   It was made in Spain and called a Goldrush pepperbox.  It is 22 and my problem now is finding balls to fit it.  I did find that most of my caps drag as it is shot, but working on finding better fitting ones.   I had planned on shooting it at the NCOWs double action side match 2 weeks ago, but had to leave early and was worried a bit about the cap drag.   I am still on the look out for a reasonable priced original that is in shooting condition, and/or one of the Hoppes kit ones from the 70s.    Mine loads well and caps easily with a straight capper.   Issue is remembering which is the empty barrel to not cap. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version