Special Interests - Groups & Societies > Frontier Iron

Schofield in the herd

(1/1)

DeaconKC:
Well, finally got the 5" Schofield in hand. Looks brand new, and wouldn't you know it, my regular range is closed while they put new gravel down! So I guess I will take it Saturday to the match and shoot it cold! I will make sure to have my 1860 Army RM Conversion along in case it goes belly up on me.

Major 2:
Nice

Abilene:
Perseverance pays off! 

I think my "clean shoot" percentage actually goes up when I shoot a brand new gun.  And most of my new-to-me guns over the past few years have had their first rounds go down range during a match.  Occasionally I'll ask permission to pop off a few before the match to see where it is hitting.  More often I try to be the first to shoot so the targets have fresh paint.   :)

Advertising:

Coffinmaker:

:) Deacon  ;)

Yum Yum  :D

Stay Safe Out There

DeaconKC:
Well, did something I have never done before, took a gun to a match that I hadn't shot before. Actually, two guns! My range was shut down for a few days due to getting new gravel down. So the Schofield and a new 73 Uberti got cleaned and lubed and away we went. The Schofield was dead on and ran perfectly, actually all ran without a problem, the 73 was hitting just a bit high. That caused me my only 2 misses all day. Also, from a suggestion I went with a Buscadero rig for the 7" Schofield and it worked great for that long nosed beast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version