Special Interests - Groups & Societies > USFA CSS

Educate me, Please! CZ & the future of the Colt SAA

<< < (4/4)

Abilene:
Larsen at least the value of that N.I.B. Cowboy has jumped!  I guess collectors who have to have one of every model...

Pettifogger:
Hope so.  Maybe it is time to get rid of it.  Lest anyone think I am a Colt basher I love Colts.  Especially the antique ones.  The last pair of new ones I ordered were these two.  I ordered them at the Cowboy Christmas in Las Vegas in 2011.  Colt had a booth at the show.  These were in .38 Special and had an industrial hard chrome finish that Colt was offering for a while.  Supposed to be basically scratch proof. They also have the extremely scarce wide spur hammers.  They don't make those anymore.  Bought them for Cowboy shooting.

Pettifogger:
Wouldn't let me load two photos.  This is the other photo.

Abilene:
I know Colt made low wide hammers for some of their mounted shooters, but I've never seen a high wide one like that.

LonesomePigeon:
  Colt has increased SAA production within the past two or three years. Based on serial numbers since 2018 they seem to be producing about 1,000 - 2,000 SAA's per year. As per Colt's website in 2018 they were at S85000A and they are up to at least S89000A right now in 2021. I know I have seen S86xxxA, S87xxxA and S88xxxA as well so I do not think they are skipping large blocks of serial numbers.

Advertisers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version