Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The Winchester Model 1892

Hey Isom, look what I got!

<< < (3/5) > >>

Abilene:

--- Quote from: DeaconKC on December 28, 2020, 10:10:06 PM ---Thanks! Since the penny is a little loose, maybe replace it with a buffalo Nickel? It might be wide enough to not flop.

--- End quote ---

I should try to find a suitable 1909 vintage coin.  Not a 1909 SVDB penny though.  We already know that is too skinny.  :D

cactus joe:
Abilene if you were to use a 1909 svdb penny it might be worth almost as much as your gun! ;)

Abilene:

--- Quote from: cactus joe on January 05, 2021, 08:05:31 AM ---Abilene if you were to use a 1909 svdb penny it might be worth almost as much as your gun! ;)

--- End quote ---

Not after it was cut in two.   ;D ;D 

Advertising:

cpt dan blodgett:
could solder the penny a bit

Abilene:
Time for an update.  The rather ugly bore had me a little concerned on how it would do with BP.  A month ago or so I took it to a match, and after the match I ran 20 rounds of BP through it and accuracy seemed fine at these short CAS distances.  So this past weekend I decided it was time for my annual "antiques shoot" and shot BP in the carbine with some 1st gen Colts.  After stage 2 and stage 4 I put an empty case in the chamber and ran a patch of moosemilk down the bore.  No misses!  So I'm satisfied.   This club had no Cody-Dixon or other longer range targets for me to try it out on, so I'll save that for another time although I'm not expecting too much at long distance.

I contacted Nate Kiowa Jones and he told me his ejector spring will fit originals, so I am going to order one of those to help with the slight case mouth dings.  It also should keep it from throwing the empties so far.  I got back 41 of 50, so 18% loss is not good.

I found a coin I think will make a better front sight, although I have now misplaced it :( .  I think it  is a French franc?  It is silver with ridged edge, sort of like a dime but a little bigger and thicker.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version