Special Interests - Groups & Societies > STORM

" What started it all ? "

(1/7) > >>

Major 2:
I thought this might make a interesting thread ...

What was the catalist that began your interest ?

Mine has to be Circa 1956 Christmas ... Under the Tree a Hubley 45 ( Yes thats what Hubley called it )

That was 62 years ago ... I fell for the streamlined Colt 1860 Army ....

Major 2:
That then led to a life time of collecting them and their conversions ...Originals & otherwise.

Hubley also offered the Pioneer ....  the 51 Navy ... and that passion .... :)

So.... was there one or maybe two that floated your boat ?

Gus Walker:
 ;D  Mine was two movies....Outlaw Josey Wales got me goin on sixguns and Jerimiah Johnson got me going on Muzzleloaders,,,lol

Advertising:

Major 2:

--- Quote from: Gus Walker on April 12, 2018, 05:46:41 AM --- ;D  Mine was two movies....Outlaw Josey Wales got me goin on sixguns and Jerimiah Johnson got me going on Muzzleloaders,,,lol

--- End quote ---

Good answer, and good films  I watch them both whenever they rerun,

Jake C:
I went from a mild interest in the American West to borderline obsession thanks to the Coen Bros. True Grit, and the game Red Dead Redemption, back in 2010. Bought my first 'Old West' gun in 2012 when I bought an Uberti Open Top in .38 Special. I don't have that one anymore, but now I've got a few others, including a .44 Uberti Richards Conversion with a cut down spare barrel for when I want to get that Dallas Stoudenmire look  ;D

Still love the period and the firearms. Guess the bug still bights me regularly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version