Author Topic: Capt. Schaeffer Custom Colt Replica --- PART III - Range Report  (Read 20083 times)

Offline Bunk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Capt. Schaeffer Custom Colt Replica --- PART III - Range Report
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2018, 09:39:28 PM »
I wait no longer because Brown dropped coff a package last night and they are WOW!!!
Sitting on my desk now being fondled frequently.
is that wrong or am I really OK
Happily
Bunk

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2018, 12:17:30 AM »
I comes with the territory ...you are really OK

What is the serial # range up to now... 2 years later ?

Coffin's gun's are in early teens,  mine in the early 30's ....It was my understanding 1000 would be the total Capt. Schaeffer run.

Mike's pair holstered and mine
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Bunk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2018, 02:01:18 PM »
Howdy Major 2,
The guns that came yesterday are numbered CS236 CS237 are  things of beauty and were back ordered back in August if my memory is correct (?) .
They are sitting on my my desk un-cocked waiting for the retired gun plumber to come back from warmth to frozen hell and do his "voo doo that he does so well".(stolen from Blazing Saddles). on them
Then it is my plan to shoot the snot out of them using a 125 grain Eras Gone (shameless plug) Colt Factory pointed bullet and about 14 grain weight of Du Pont FFFg and a felt lubed wad. Old guns need old powder to be "period correct" right?
That load seems to work well in my "Goonized" '51 Navy full size but I am sure there will be a lot of experimenting.
Funs a'comin'
Bunk

Advertising

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2018, 03:06:06 PM »
EMF seems to sell them as fast as they get them.... I suppose the lot is spoken for too....
Your guns are about 200 past mine ( the first lot in Aug. "2016" was 72 or so guns )

I noted one being bid on , on GB last night...NIB has a reserve on it so my guess is over $400
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Bunk Stagnerg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2019, 10:16:19 PM »
I sit here at my desk with my pair of Capt. Schaeffer presentation 1851 Colt Pietta replicas smiling with great satisfaction.

It took a little breaking in with the ?Gun Plumber-ed? pair working out components and sight picture.

The pair has gone through nearly 300 rounds total and now with a little filing of the rear sight to deepen it and open it on the right side it is hitting center windage and by using the proper amount of what is laughingly referred to as a front sight they are on a 6? diameter KD rack at CAS revolver range (about 8 yards) as long as I do my part.

They not only have the WOW! factor but are really fun to shoot.
Yr? Obt? Svt?
Bunk

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2019, 03:48:52 PM »

TA DA!!

PLUS ONE to Bunk Stagner

I took my Cap. Schaeffers for a walk this past Saturday and had no problem shooting a CLEAN MATCH with them.  These are proving to be really FUN.

As additional interest (or not) I also added a pair of R&D conversion cylinders to mine.  Flawless.  Drop In.  Additional FUN.  When R&D announced their Stainless Conversion cylinders in 38, it appeared R&D built the stainless cylinders in direct response to the release of the Capt. Schaeffer.

Let Us Play!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com