Special Interests - Groups & Societies > USFA CSS

US Firearms 1910 and 1911s

<< < (2/5) > >>

CW Price Texas Ranger:
One last thought  One can not own enough 1911's (7 so far) and after USFA releases them, one will pop up on the used market at a good price.  Well I would just have to buy it to make my numbers nice and even.  Owning an odd number of 1911's is like a day without sunshine, or something like that.  After #8 gets in my posession, I will have to think up a new reason to keep adding to my collection.  One can cleary see the USFA is missing.
SW
Colt
Firestom
Union Switch and Signal
Springfield
Rock Island
Thompson 

Capt. John Fitzgerald:
Well, CW, having an even number of 1911's - you mention eight - probably would give you a degree of satisfaction.  Even numbers are so comforting.  On the other hand, 1911 is, in and of itself, an odd number, so you might want to go for nine just so they match up, odd number for odd number.  Should you still find the odd number unsettling, you can always get another, just to even the number up again.  Personally, I think that the best thing to do would be to go for eleven.  Eleven 1911's - has a nice balance to it. 

CW Price Texas Ranger:
I like that.  11 - 11's!  That shall be my new goal.  Now i just need some money to make all of that happen and some thought to which I need next.  Note I said need, not want!  When looking at the Union Switch and Signal 1911, I have been informed that wartime production did not properly hardened the slide to get them out the door ASAP, so based upon that and the value of a true USS with all of the correct parts, it does not get shot by me at all.  So that reduces the number available at any one time to and even number. 

Advertising:

Virginia Gentleman:
I think you guys are missing the point as to what type of guns these are.  They are not "run of the mill" 1911 clones of current offerings, rather they are historic reproductions with the carbonia blued finish, polished to old time standards and finished off with nitre blued small parts just like they would have if they came off the production line in the 1910s.  To compare it to a current S&W or even a Kimber is like comparing a Ruger Blackhawk to a US Firearms Pre-War SAA as they are two different guns with two different customer bases in mind.  I heard this argument about 12 years ago when everyone put down US Patent Firearms saying that they won't sell well because they were not Colt SAAs.  I cite history as my evidence. The funny hammer and small safety are supposed to be that way since that is the way they were originally made.  There are many of us that would like to have a 1910 or 1911 accurate replica because the originals are too expensive and you might not want to shoot it anyway.  Just like Colt's WWI and WWII 1911s (A1) there is a market for shooters and collectors that want to feel what it is like to shoot the real McCoy. Re-enactors will love them eventhough the price is highier than a cheaper alternative that is not as historically correct.  I want one of each. ;D

RRio:
Virginia Gentleman,
I understand your point, and think it is cool to be able to get an accurate historic reproduction of a particular gun.
It's just, I have never been able to get next to a 1911, believe me I have tried. They have never been as dependable for me as a SAA.
I don't want to rain on your parade, but I just have a hard time getting excited over a 1911. I would much rather see them come out with a Remington O/U derringer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version