Special Interests - Groups & Societies > The American Plainsmen Society

The Border Wars

(1/3) > >>

Caleb Hobbs:
I know there was a pistol shoot at the Jesse James farm in Missouri recently, but I was wondering if there was anything else available out there in relation to the Border Wars. I've been researching this period for quite a few years, and it would be a good fit for what we're trying to do with TAPS, but an Internet search didn't turn up any solid partisan groups. Or maybe I'm using the wrong search parameters. A revolver match similar to what I've read about at N-SSA shoots in the East would be a lot of fun. Anybody aware of a group or shoot (besides the JJ farm event) that portrays this period?

Sir Charles deMouton-Black:
We are planning a PIG WAR shoot in Victoria BC to commemorate the San Juan Island dispute in the late summer of 1859.  We will have to be imaginative as the only casualty was the said pig!

OH! Different border ??? ???

Caleb Hobbs:

--- Quote from: Sir Charles deMouton-Black on September 19, 2011, 07:08:58 PM ---OH! Different border ??? ???
--- End quote ---

Right year, though. :)

Advertising:

boilerplatejackson:
The event at the James Farm was 1860s. Not sure if it was post CW era or not. Havent been there yet. NCOWS will do
an occasional CW veteran shoot, but that is the extent of it, at least on the Kansas side.  There is room for positive growth.

Mogorilla:
The shoot at the James Farm is kind of a hodge podge.  Many cap and ball revolvers, but more single action colts in 45.  I seem to recall there being a shoot in Kansas near where Wild Bill lived, it being the same time frame.   Next week or so I will get some James farm pictures up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version