Author Topic: FORUM RULES  (Read 23674 times)

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
FORUM RULES
« on: February 11, 2006, 07:04:06 PM »
The following are the words of Marshall Halloway, I think they are good ones and speak volumes about how we should conduct ourselves here in the Den!
I have decided to keep this pinned here for anyone that needs to be reminded, or to refresh thier memory! I want this place to be fun and informative.....and peaceful!!!!!

"The goal with Forum Hall and Cas City is to be a premier junction for cowboy & western action shooters who seek information on different fields of interests, both cas and non-cas.

When it comes to posting itself, there are some simple rules that we ask you to follow.

You agree, through your use of the Cas City Forum Hall, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law.

In other words, be polite, respectful and try to look at this forum as a place to create friendship not enemies. Please do not try to push any limits or provoke a range war. When this occurs, the winner in a range war here in Cas City is the one that backs off and use silence as the last word if provoked. Doing the opposite creates losers on both sides of the picket fence. Take personal disagreements elsewhere and off line if you cannot discuss a topic without name calling or street talk from a bad Hollywood movie. If not, the law will be more than happy to guide you to the right place.   If you can't interact here and in the same way as you do at the shooting range, this forum is not for you. If you need assistance or guidance how to respond, ask us instead of shooting from the hip. We have years of experience dealing with these kind of challenges.    

The rest of the guidelines and registration agreement can be found here:
http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,5477.0.html

Thanks for all your interactions ,feedback and your help with making CasCity ...'"your town'".

Marshal & Marshal'ette"
==========================================================================================

Adding a new "rule" as of 05-01-08 there will be no posting concerning smokeless loads permitted in the Darksiders Den. Any reference to such will be deleted by the moderator without warning or prejudice.
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

Offline Goatlips

• Top Active Citizen
    • Goatlips' BlackPowder Tips
  • Liked:
Re: Forum Rules
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 10:47:11 PM »
Howdy Cuts,

The pards at Leverguns boiled it down to this, which I thought represented most, if not all, of a congenial forum philosophy...

"This is a high-class place so act respectable."  ;)

Goatlips
Wolverine Rangers/Lake County Pistoleros
Visit my Blackpowder site:
http://goatlipstips.cas-town.com/index.html

http://goatlips.hrillc.com/goatlipstips.cas-town.com/index.html

width=200 height=30]http://www.cascity.com/layoutimages/mycascityprofile.gif[/img][/url]

Offline Black Powder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Not messed with since 1956
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 08:46:40 PM »
I have not experienced anything that fell outside of the rules of conduct here.  But I'm very new, so perhaps I haven't been around long enough!  ;D  I had the unfortunate experience of reading a discussion from another website, as I'm very much in the seeking information mode.  It got heated and I was kind of embarrassed for them.  Thankfully I didn't post one of my naive questions there!  ;D ;D ;D

Coming here as a newbie very recently, y'all should take a moment to appreciate and thank each other for conducting yourselves with respect.  I certainly have benefited from it.

These forums are a real fine gift.

Happy New Year.

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Advertising

Re: FORUM RULES
« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:12:20 PM »

Offline Adirondack Jack

• Top Active Citizen
    • www.cowboy45special.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 08:31:47 PM »
Howdy Cuts,

The pards at Leverguns boiled it down to this, which I thought represented most, if not all, of a congenial forum philosophy...

"This is a high-class place so act respectable."  ;)

Goatlips

Yeah, uh OK.  (Wonders how they let me in. Musta been a mistake)  :)
Warthog, Dirty Rat, SBSS OGBx3, maker of curious little cartridges

Offline Buffalow Red

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 07:19:13 AM »
IF in you cant say it to your grandma you dont need to say it here
(some them grandmas were purdy rough i guess)
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson
  SHOOT STRAIGHT & LETS BURN SOME POWDER
Warthogs rule
Life NRA
SCORRS/ rugers/ 66 in 44-40  , trap door shooter
Southern Mo. Ranger
SASS
BSA SM RETIRED

Offline Dances With Coyotes

• Dark Lord of the Soot apprentice
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 01:34:59 PM »
My grandma was 87 when she died....................................................

....stabbed in a barfight.
All you need is love and a .45

Offline Navy Six

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 26385
  • NCOWS #: 1410
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 05:38:41 AM »
Not much of a computer person in the past. My first experiences were with sports websites where vulgar name calling was the norm with anyone you disagreed with, so I never thought I would be posting anywhere. Come to find out I have been missing a good thing here. I am pleasantly surprised at the polite and helpful tone, especially considering the wealth of experience you can access. Since all I do is Cowboy shooting related (especially Blackpowder) i have found this forum a gold mine.  Thanks,  Navy Six
Only Blackpowder Is Interesting 
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun." Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Offline Bruce W Sims

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 11:32:36 AM »
My own experience was a good amount of time spent on Martial Arts forums.
The primary issues seemed to be that everyone had an agenda to sell and not much
tolerance for folks who thought differently. Sooner or later it always came to a boil....
usually sooner rather than later...... life's too short for that kind of crap. I like
kicking back with folks who enjoy each other's company and respect each other's
position. Even in the short time I have been here there have been a couple of
differences of opinion...but thats ALL it was. Very live and let live......very agree to disagree.

Just sayin....

Best Wishes,

Bruce
Best Wishes,

Bruce

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com