Author Topic: Any Auto Theft Investigators?  (Read 2416 times)

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Any Auto Theft Investigators?
« on: September 04, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »
Mornin',

Guys, I ain't worked vehicle theft in almost eighteen years.  Don't have a clue what the trends are.  This afternoon, I noticed white dots, about the size of a dime, have been painted on the rear tips of the leaf springs under my truck.  Looks like touch up paint.  They're in a place not normally visible.  I was standing on a lower level when I noticed them.

It's garage kept and I'm pretty picky over it.  To the point that I spray everything visible from street level under the truck with ArmorAll everytime I wash it.  That includes the visible part of the spare and the spring perches.  I have to lay on the driveway to do that. The thing was serviced in June, I guess they could have marked it for some reason then but I can't believe I didn't notice it and it looks fairly fresh.

I've been off for the past month, don't go back to work until next Monday.  During that time I haven't gone anywhere to leave it unattended for any length of time except a two day shoot just east of Richmond.

It's an '01 Toyota S-Runner.  They didn't make too many of the things, they're out of production and I guess some are starting to wear out.  Thinkin' someone could be looking for parts.

Those dots will be gone tomorrow but if anyone has heard of anything such as this I'd appreciate knowing about it.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com