Author Topic: GRAND MUSTER what can we do?  (Read 5052 times)

Offline Bow View Haymaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
GRAND MUSTER what can we do?
« on: July 22, 2011, 05:01:23 PM »
First I want to say my prayers go out to the good people from Texas  Texas Sarge and family, Capt Macks family, Delta Raiders family and Scooter.  I know just a but about trying to put together an event and the strain it can be.  Your and your families health come first. 

The Grand Muster seems for some the main and only chance to get together as a GAF group.  Just wondering if there is a way to somhow still have one in 2011? 

Anybody else thinking the same thing?  Just need a when and where and lets work together to make something happen. 

I would jump in to try to host, but I am new to this area and a- don't have a range, b- don't have any targets, c- don't have many local contacts or club conections, d- no camp location or lodging ideas.   I will offer my services with corrospondence or simple stages, or whatever I can do from my remote part of the SW territory. 

Regards,
GAF Dept of the Platte Brvt. Chief of Scouts
Bow View Haymaker

Bow View Haymaker

GAF #522  Dept of the Platte
SASS# 67733 (RO II)
NRA life

Paul Arens

www.HighPlainsShootersSupply.com

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
Re: GRAND MUSTER what can we do?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 06:11:06 PM »
Honestly, Paul, I think it's not feasible for this year. The chances of finding a venue to hold it about the same time in November are slim to none, and probably not enough time allowable for someone to plan one to be held sooner, seeing it is almost August.

Departmentmental, or State, encampments could step forward and promote their own regional Musters to make up for a Grand Muster.
We may go without a designated Grand Muster for this year, and perhaps for the immediate forseeable future.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 07:04:39 PM »
Can't do much here on my end, either. I have enough land, and a permanent deer camp cabin........but the deer camp takes precedence at the start of bow season, I think mid September, all the way through mid January. My local SASS club doesn't own their own range, so using it outside our regular weekend is a bit complicated.

But I guess we could just invite everyone down to Hanging Tree Shootout/Division of Missouri Muster, third Sunday of October.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:32:07 AM »

Offline Cowtown Scout

• Top Active Citizen
  • TEXAS By GOD
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 09:48:42 PM »
I just made a proposal via e-mail to Texas Sarge and the folks at Plum Creek.  Will let you know what they think about it.
Scout
GAF #510, STORM #98, GOFWG #126, SSS #211, SBSS #1713, CVV
Life Member: SASS, LSA, ORA, Whittington Center, LSFSC, Founders Club (Gold)
Benefactor Member: NRA and TSRA, Past President TSRA

Offline Bow View Haymaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 10:14:35 PM »
I know that Planning something on a grand scale is an extremily tall order.and that 2011may not have a grand muster. I also recognize that many more departments and divisions are holding local musters wich is great for GAF.  NOt sure what to think right now.  wish I could do more both to help the Texas boys and the GAF
Bow View Haymaker

GAF #522  Dept of the Platte
SASS# 67733 (RO II)
NRA life

Paul Arens

www.HighPlainsShootersSupply.com

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 07:31:13 AM »
Considering the situation, something a bit less "grand" would be ok, I am sure....A bit more primative, cook some of your own meals, etc....

Offline Cowtown Scout

• Top Active Citizen
  • TEXAS By GOD
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 11:20:26 AM »
Texas Sarge called me this morning and we had a good long conversation.  Sorry to report my proposal will not work.  Maybe someone else can come up with something for this year.  I was so looking forward to going back this year, last year was great and wet my appetite for more.  Have aquired more military firearms and other items for GAF shoots.
Scout
8) 8)
GAF #510, STORM #98, GOFWG #126, SSS #211, SBSS #1713, CVV
Life Member: SASS, LSA, ORA, Whittington Center, LSFSC, Founders Club (Gold)
Benefactor Member: NRA and TSRA, Past President TSRA

Offline US Scout

• Bvt MajGen GAF (Retired)
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 15690
  • GAF #: 3
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 05:16:10 PM »
I, too, am disappointed that we probably won't have a Grand Muster this year as I was planning on driving out to it.  However, I'd rather not have a Grand Muster than one that was poorly laid on due to lack of time or having to hold it at less than adequate facilities. 

Instead, this is an excellent opportunity for the Departments to hold a Department Muster (we can't let the Department of the Missouri have all the fun all the time!)

I would like to commend all those who planned and worked on putting on the 2011 Grand Muster.  That shows a great deal of spirit and dedication to the GAF.  But, as I've always stated, family and health come first. 

US Scout
GAF, Commanding

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 03:22:19 AM »
What can we do?  Hell, we will plan NEXT YEAR'S MUSTER!!
Modify---adapt---overcome.  That's what Gunny Highway said.

I will be around next summer to give ya'll a hand.
1.  We can use my rope-resettable 10-plate KD rack.  It is mounted on a licensed trailer and easy to tote around if the Muster ain't too far from us.
2.  I have bought and built several action/motion steel targets that are available.
3.  I can also assist with a prize or two from the gunshop.

Sorry, I ain't read the whole thread.  I've been pretty busy here.

Respectfully,
Mustang Gregg

"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Grizzly Adams

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 05:30:42 PM »
OK, I have never had the pleasure of attending the Grand Muster, so forgive my ignorance about what is required.  So what is needed in terms of a venue?  Seems like we could turn up a suitable facility.  Is the Muster always in November?

Never mind, saw the other thread! ;D
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran!
COMNAVFORV, NRA life, SASS Life, TG, STORM Rider #36.
GAF

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 10:19:37 PM »

Never mind, saw the other thread! ;D

Yup, we got too many threads going on one subject.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com