Author Topic: Euroarms 1841 Mississippi quality  (Read 8630 times)

Offline Niederlander

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Euroarms 1841 Mississippi quality
« on: May 03, 2013, 11:05:36 AM »
Gentlemen,
      How do the Euroarms 1841's hold up to extended use?  Any "soft parts" issues?  Any other issues?
"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"

Offline Rebel Dave

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Euroarms 1841 Mississippi quality
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 02:53:21 PM »
It has been my experience with Euroarms, is that the lock parts are soft. They can  be made to be VERY good shooters. as a side note I have a Garrett Arms miss rifle on consignment sale at Lodgewood Mfg, it has a Numrich bbl on it, and it is .58 cal. The bore is .577. It is Italian, made in the 80s. Has the 1855 md long rangge rear  and a custom front site. It shot the RCBS N-SSA Minnie, with an over size base pin very well, with40 grns of 3F,and MCM  (like SPG) lube.

Rebel Dave

Offline Niederlander

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 03:34:26 PM »
Can you use a product such as Kasenit to harden the lock parts after they've been polished, etc.?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:43:10 PM »

Offline Niederlander

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 08:04:00 PM »
Does anyone know how close to the originals the lock parts are?  Are there any other locks with interchangeable parts?

Offline Rebel Dave

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 11:14:49 PM »
Original lock parts will not fit any repro. You would have to use the whole lock. That can get expencive.

Rebel Dave

Offline Niederlander

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 08:33:25 AM »
How do the Antonio Zoli reproductions compare with the Euroarms?  It seems to me I've read where the Zoli's were possibly of higher quality.  If so, maybe I should keep looking until I find one.

Offline harleydavis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #C31 SASS #3740 NRA GAF #394 5th Minn. Infry
  • SASS #: 3640
  • NCOWS #: C31
  • GAF #: 934
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 10:41:21 AM »
As an aside to this thread, as stated, EuroArms are no longer being produced with Pedersoli having taken over some of this. Now, I cannot speak to the 1841 rifle but I needed parts for an older EuroArms Enfield last year. James Country Merch Liberty KS has some availibility of domestically produced replacement parts for the Enfields (probably Springfields as well). It may be worth a phone call to Del if you are needing parts for EuroARms Mississippi Rifle. The parts were made on CNC machine. Expensive but very solid parts.
I remain, respectfully,
Harley Davis
"I do not believe in ghosts so I do not burn a candle waiting for them. As to the killing of a bad man, when it comes to a fight, it is the other man or me. And when the deed is done, why bother the mind? Afterall, the killing of a bad man should not bother anymore than the killing of a rat, a vicious cat or an ugly dog" James Butler Hickok when asked if he ever thought about the men he had killed.

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 100
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 12:22:46 PM »
Just a bit clarification Harley, that is Liberty Missouri.   James country only included Kansas when they were "working"  (for that matter, most of Missouri too) :D

Offline Grenadier

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 02:08:33 PM »
Would it be feasible to convert one of the replica 1863 Remingtons (Zouaves) to a "Mississippi" rifle?

Offline harleydavis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #C31 SASS #3740 NRA GAF #394 5th Minn. Infry
  • SASS #: 3640
  • NCOWS #: C31
  • GAF #: 934
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 02:24:48 PM »
Just a bit clarification Harley, that is Liberty Missouri.   James country only included Kansas when they were "working"  (for that matter, most of Missouri too) :D
Oh yeah, I knew that!!! I thought something looked funny in my address!!
I remain, respectfully,
Harley Davis
"I do not believe in ghosts so I do not burn a candle waiting for them. As to the killing of a bad man, when it comes to a fight, it is the other man or me. And when the deed is done, why bother the mind? Afterall, the killing of a bad man should not bother anymore than the killing of a rat, a vicious cat or an ugly dog" James Butler Hickok when asked if he ever thought about the men he had killed.

Offline Niederlander

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 07:41:00 AM »
Thanks for all the information, Gentlemen!  At this point I think I'll build my Lyman Plains Rifle kit with the intent to make it as authentic as possible, and be on the lookout for one of the Zoli 1841's.  Too bad they're not as plentiful as the 1863 Remingtons!  Those things are everywhere!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com