Author Topic: long range lever action  (Read 4004 times)

Offline buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
long range lever action
« on: May 10, 2006, 03:23:10 AM »
hello everyone...I have a shoot to go to soon and they have a long range lever action stage ( 50, 100, 200 yards ).  What would be a good gun to use, and what kind of load?  How do you lob a shot with open sights 200 yards?  They are shooting at steel buffalo targets.  RINGGGG!  :D

Offline Cyrille

• Top Active Citizen
  • "To sing, to laugh, to dream, cock my hat, or gun"
  • Liked:
Re: long range lever action
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 08:09:36 AM »
A Winchester or Henry should do the job w/a 250 to 300 gr, LRNFP I don't know what type or how much powder you're using to push the pill so I will not offer a load amount. Anyway to give actual load data is discouraged, so shoot a few rounds if you can and pick the one the rifle likes best.
CYRILLE...  R.A.T. #242
"Never apologize Mr.; it's a sign of weakness."
Capt. Nathan Brittles {John Wayne} in "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon."

"A gun is  just a tool. No better and no worse than any other tool----- Think of it always in that way. A gun is as good--- and as bad--- as the man who carries it. Remember that."
                                                   Shane

Offline BlaiseNSaddles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 02:31:54 PM »
Depends on whether this is rifle caliber or pistol caliber.

For rifle caliber the Marlin 1895 in 45-70 has worked well.  Most factory loads will get the job more or less done. 

I have not tried pistol caliber but thought might take the Taurus Thunderbolt out sometime to see how it does (or rather my friend since my eyes are not that good) - 45 Colt with a 26" barrel.  Again most factory loads with a 255gr should make it.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:54:45 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com