Author Topic: Colt’s .36 “Navy Revolver” & The Lesser-Known Tips from Sam Colt Himself  (Read 3185 times)

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51
 In NCOWS Originals class I shoot a Pietta Navy with a Kirst converter.
38 long colt brass and a heeled bullet that I cast. Works good for my
1875 buffalo hunter personna. Thanks for the article very informative.

BTB
Born 110 years too late

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125

:)  It has been said, but way too many to count, the Colt pattern 1851 is the most naturally pointing handgun ever made.  Far be it for me to argue that point.  I happen to agree.  The 1851 Colt points better than the venerable 1873 SAA.  Hands down.

Then we come to the more modern made replicants with slightly shorter barrels.  Barrels of 4 3/4 or even 4 inches.  Perhaps even better in balance.  At least for me.  In fact, my preference is 3 3/4 or 4 inches of barrel.  Nirvana. 

Either Percussion or Conversion.  Either iteration is most excellent indeed.  Note:  This opinion is neither put fourth nor endorsed by Management and is expressly the opine of the opinionated author.  Burma Shave

Stay Safe Out There

Offline Tsalagidave

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dave Rodgers
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
Thanks Bear Tooth, glad you like it. Coffinmaker, I agree. I find the Navy to be a great point-shoot piece. I know this is basic shooting 101 here but the only time I have ever seen someone struggle was when a modern shooter tried point shoot but was using his fingertip on the trigger. When he adjusted the trigger discipline the same way he would for a Glock and suddenly started getting results he was much happier with.

-Dave
Guns don't kill people; fathers with pretty daughters do.

Advertising

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com