Author Topic: If You Could Be a LEO in the Old West, Who Would You Be?  (Read 46097 times)

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: If You Could Be a LEO in the Old West, Who Would You Be?
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2012, 04:37:47 AM »
That's easy!  A member of the Texas Rangers.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline harleydavis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #C31 SASS #3740 NRA GAF #394 5th Minn. Infry
  • SASS #: 3640
  • NCOWS #: C31
  • GAF #: 934
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2013, 09:41:24 AM »
James Butler Hickok. He tamed the streets of Abilene with only 3 deputies and over 5,000 drunken trailhands. HIs methods were pretty direct, albiet, occassionally overtly strong!! His days in Hays City were equally effective in a pretty tough town.
I remain, respectfully,
Harley Davis
"I do not believe in ghosts so I do not burn a candle waiting for them. As to the killing of a bad man, when it comes to a fight, it is the other man or me. And when the deed is done, why bother the mind? Afterall, the killing of a bad man should not bother anymore than the killing of a rat, a vicious cat or an ugly dog" James Butler Hickok when asked if he ever thought about the men he had killed.

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 899
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2018, 02:56:12 PM »
Found this old thread and reading through it made me think of my favorite old west lawman. Most of you probably never heard of Jeff Milton but if you can find a copy of his biography,A Good Man with a Gun and wade through the writing style (the prose is dated) you'll learn of a man who started as a Texas Ranger and ended his career as a Customs Line Rider on the Arizona border. Someone should make a movie of this man's life.

Dave

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 10:53:43 PM »

Offline medic15al

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2021, 12:13:57 AM »
Frank Hamer is one I tend to admire.
Pacem in corde meo, Mors de guns

Offline Cottonwood

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2021, 10:14:12 PM »
I have always looked up to the Texas Rangers, J. R. Waller's Company "A"  :D

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2022, 06:59:22 PM »
Jim Masterson was quite a lawman, but not recognized as much as his brother Bat. John Slaughter cleaned up Cochese County after the Earps and Doc left. He may have died with his boots on, but more probably with his slippers...on his front porch of a heart attack in his eighties!
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com