Author Topic: Favorite TV police show  (Read 92869 times)

Offline Tim Burrattler

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Favorite TV police show
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2007, 09:53:24 AM »
Hec Ramsey
SASS 16351L *  BOLD 710 *  RATS 336 * SBSS 1961

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2007, 05:07:43 PM »
Barney Miller 1st, Hill street Blues 2nd
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline Marshal Tac

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2007, 09:28:33 PM »
Adam 12 was my personal favorite.... Followed by Dragnet. 

Now I can't sit through to many of the copshows on TV. CSI (Las Vegas), Dallas SWAT and an occasional episode of the Shield are about all I can stomach. Miami Vice was entertaining in the 80's but not as good now. Andy Griffith re-runs are great at 2 in the morning when you can't sleep and the rest of the house is off to bed... (Got to love those graveyard shift days off, huh?)
-Marshal Tac
"Well Mayor, I think we did our good deed for the day."
BOLD #763
SBSS #1909

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 05:23:15 AM »

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2007, 01:07:00 AM »
Well, being as how my real name is/was Officer. "Molloy," in the old days (70s and 80s) I always got kidding about being Adam 12. 

One time in the the  mid 70s I was an Investigator for the Army on Fort Ord.  Took down a civilian drug dealer, identifying myself as "Investigator Molloy."  He immediately started laughing and singing as I arrested him and cuffed him "I don believe it, I don believe it. I done been busted by Adam 12!" I guess it was better than him fighting me <g>.

I ran into him years later in a grocery store in Grass Valley (after I was a civilian deputy instead of an Army investigator).  He recognized me and laughing said "Damn, you be that Adam-12 that busted me for sellin dope on Fort Ord!" He shook my hand (believe it or not) and walked out of the store laughing!

In the mid 90s, I was partnered with a Deputy Reed due to a vehicle shortage.  Of course that night thje sgt. and dispatch assigned us the call sign of "3-Adam-12" (3 instead of 1, because we were swing shift).
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline Marshal Tac

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2007, 03:32:08 AM »
I'm there with you T.L....

In my department, back a few years (it's changed since then), our call signs were set up as follows: Beat area, single man car=P, two man car=A, car number.... Normally I worked 1P12... then I ended up with a partner for a while, and became, by default, 1A12... over the radio it was "One-Adam-Twelve"...... We had a dispatcher that couldn't resist it, and each time we got a call, it was "One-Adam-Twelve, See the man....."

My then partner, now Sergeant, has an autographed photo of "Ofc. Reed", with an actual era LAPD badge, in a nice framed shadow box on the wall behind his desk..... The newer rookies look at it and ask if that is a picture of his father.... and that makes me feel really old..... they don't have a clue what Adam 12 even was......
-Marshal Tac
"Well Mayor, I think we did our good deed for the day."
BOLD #763
SBSS #1909

Offline Texas John Critter

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2007, 09:00:24 PM »
I am a big fan of the Shield.  I view it as more of a comedy than anything else but it is exciting to watch.
He any good?
He's killed more people than smallpox!
Well hell, introduce us.

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2007, 06:00:45 PM »
What is really sad is that in 1999, I was a basic academy co-ordinator and Tactical officer at a Bay area police academy for a year just after I retired.

One:  Not a single recruit out of 54 knew what "Adam 12" was.

Two, and much more depressing, when telling them not to do a "John Wayne" and go into a violent call without back up is possible... NOT A SINGLE RECRUIT KNEW WHO JOHN WAYNE WAS!!!!!! :o :o :o :o
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN

Offline Top Kick Ken

• Top Active Citizen
  • Oscar S. Johnson, GAR, My Great Grandfather.
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2008, 11:58:44 PM »
What is really sad is that in 1999, I was a basic academy co-ordinator and Tactical officer at a Bay area police academy for a year just after I retired.

One:  Not a single recruit out of 54 knew what "Adam 12" was.

Two, and much more depressing, when telling them not to do a "John Wayne" and go into a violent call without back up is possible... NOT A SINGLE RECRUIT KNEW WHO JOHN WAYNE WAS!!!!!! :o :o :o :o

That is just....Un-American and sacriligeous!  :o  But unfortunately, I know that from first hand experience too!   :(

My faves were Adam 12, Dragnet, Gunsmoke, Swat, Miami Vice (was fun), Hill Street Blues.  ;D
Respectfully Submitted,

Top Kick Ken
Sergeant Major, Department of the Pacific
Grand Army of the Frontier

GAF #71
BOLD #943
SASS #47880L

Offline Fairshake

• Shooter of the HOLY BLACK
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2008, 10:20:55 PM »
As said many times before Barney Miller and Hill Street. I would like to flip those glasses off the nose of David Caruso on CSI Miami on Monday nights. I can't believe that crap. I have never seen a crime scene unit do a physical arrest. The work that they do has made many arrest. The best one at this time is NCIS. If you don't have a small crush for abby then something is wrong with you. Later Pards
Deadwood Marshal  Border Vigilante SASS 81802                                                                         WARTHOG                                                                   NRA                                                                            BOLD So that His place shall never be with those cold and Timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat

Offline aryfrosty

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2008, 04:11:21 AM »
This has been a slow walk down the back alleys of old memories....
I have always enjoyed Dragnet; later ones with Harry Morgan. I have every reprinted DVD I can find on that show.
I liked one of the Miami Vice shows...The one where Willie Nelson played a retired Texas Ranger who lit up some dopers in a          graveyard.

Back to reality: One of my mentors in 1971 liked to say, "you couldn't make this shit up."
When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains...and the women come out to cut up what remains; Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains. And go to your God like a Soldier.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 411
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2008, 09:13:22 AM »
Barney Miller 1st, Hill street Blues 2nd
+1
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2008, 09:15:11 AM »
I've got a bunch of the old Dragnet episodes from the 50's with Ben Alexander on DVD. They are classics.  Hill Street came as close as real day to day police work. All the wierd stuff that happens on calls.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Black Powder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Not messed with since 1956
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2008, 12:39:08 PM »
Lets not forget (all you OLD guys) Highway Patrol with Broderick (10-4) Crawofrd.

I'm still looking for "Highway Patrol" in DVD.

"Harry O"

How about "Police Squad"?

BP
I've got my excuses and I'm stickin' to 'em.

Offline Grapevine Jimmy

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2009, 07:32:03 AM »
 :)One of my fav-o-rites of the late 50's and early 60's was "Tales of the Texas Rangers", it came on right around noon on Saturday. I loved it when they unloaded the horses from the trailer and heade for the back country.  ;D

G
BOLD #809
Hiram's Ranger #30
Carolina Cattlemen's Shooting & social Society
Waiting at the South Gate:"...it is good to meet you thus alone."

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2009, 08:07:29 AM »
Yessir, I always enjoyed that one myself. They had stories of the early days and then did modern episodes.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline MontanaSlick

• Like minded lover of the Old West
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2010, 02:07:47 AM »
I was home ported in Hawaii when they filmed the Hawaii 50 series.

Like always I hanged around a lot as usual, some times they would find something fer ya to do.

Gofer duties mostly.

Book em Danno.

Slick

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 411
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2010, 07:20:17 AM »
I forgot about this thread  :P

Barny Miller and Hill Street Blues as mentioned....
got into NYPD Blues ..kinda ended abruptly, and aways wondered how Sepowitz & Connie wound up... sorta left you hanging.

I worked on Miami Vice's Pilot & first season so I'm partial ...

Who remembers "Burke's Law" ?  about the Millionaire Police Chief and his Rolls Royce Cop car . Gene Berry starred as Burke fresh from his Bat Masterson show.

I like the new show "Bones"   ;)
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2010, 10:31:36 AM »
Gene's show was also Amos Burke, Secret Agent. I don't remember which one came first. I'm sorta partial to Adam 12, for 15 years of my LEO career, I was the real Officer Jim Reed.

Offline MontanaSlick

• Like minded lover of the Old West
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2010, 09:02:55 PM »
Yer the Man Tex.  er, I mean.....Officer Jim Reed   8)

Car 54 Where are you......reminded me of the Keystone Cops

Keystone? SD. did some Preacher and Lawdawg duties there.  Bar burned down. >:(

MS

Where's Wiley?

Offline Eloy Santa Cruz

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2012, 12:17:59 AM »
 Dragnet and Adam-12 of course.
My monikor comes from my family's former ranch Santa Cruz Farms located outside Eloy, Arizona. The Santa Cruz river runs through the land.
    " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them" ---John Wayne in "The Shootist"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com