Author Topic: Pulled the plug finally  (Read 5288 times)

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Pulled the plug finally
« on: August 31, 2015, 05:38:21 PM »
A couple of weeks ago I took off the shield for the last time. After 33 years I decided I am too old for that stuff anymore, joints and bones just aren't up to it and I get winded easier nowadayz. I noticed that when I got in a fight I would get really nasty, really quick so as to end it fast.......time to stop before I hurt someone bad.

Happened that a dispatcher position came open in my agency, the time was just right, so I jumped on it. Now I'm home at night, no more extra long shifts, no more dealing with lawyers and judges who have no concept of what the street is about, and I get to tell people where to go!  ;)

I'm calling my new position as dispatcher my "soft landing" before I actually retire. It still feels weird not putting on the shield and belt at the beginning of every shift, but I guess I'll get used to it. About 3 1/2 years and I can call it quits completely! :)

There is life after the badge gang! ;D
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
Re: Pulled the plug finally
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 06:10:23 PM »
Congratulations, sir!  I suspect that the stress levels will go down dramatically, although I can see you dispatching a call and chomping on the bit to get out there and help.

CC Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com