Author Topic: Line of Duty Death  (Read 10858 times)

Online Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
Line of Duty Death
« on: August 26, 2009, 11:21:58 AM »
I'm heading off to another memorial service in a few minutes.  A piece of my heart breaks off every time I  go to these, but I feel the need to be there.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/20040-deputy-sheriff-stephen-(mike)-gallagher

CC Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Online Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Line of Duty Death
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 04:16:02 PM »
On the day I passed the 20 year mark as a police officer, another officer in my area has been murdered.  This one is particularly disturbing...

http://www.odmp.org/officer/20104-officer-timothy-brenton

Gone, but not forgotten.

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
SSS #573

Offline Don Nix

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 05:16:06 PM »
My heart and prayers go out to the family and brother officers. After over 30 years its still hard to hear of these deaths.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:50:30 AM »

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 07:10:12 PM »
It never gets easier.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Offline Top Kick Ken

• Top Active Citizen
  • Oscar S. Johnson, GAR, My Great Grandfather.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 08:31:56 PM »
Prayers up for the Officers, their family, their friends and fellow officers :'(
Respectfully Submitted,

Top Kick Ken
Sergeant Major, Department of the Pacific
Grand Army of the Frontier

GAF #71
BOLD #943
SASS #47880L

Offline WaddWatsonEllis

• Watt and Wadd Watson Ellis
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Howdy, Pardner! Sacramento, Ca here ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 10:58:42 PM »
It is the family left behind whom our prayers should be aimed at.

The fallen are finally at peace and have found joy.

It is the ones left behind who have to find a way to patch up the big hole left in their lives ....

And my heart and prayers go out to Officer Gallagher's family and friends ....
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Online Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 07:24:58 PM »
In this particular case, prayers should also be offered for the fallen officer's partner.  He was her training officer and they were seated in the car together when he was murdered.  She saw the attacker just before he started shooting and ducked out of the way.  She was slightly wounded by a bullet and her partner was killed instantly.  She was able to exit the car and return fire, hitting the suspect vehicle.  She then gave an anguished cry for help on the police radio.  I can't even imagine the pain that she will live through for the rest of her life.  In your prayers, remember Seattle PD Officer Britt Sweeney.

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
SSS #573

Online Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2010, 11:59:19 AM »
This has been a tough couple of months for law enforcement in Western Washington.  It began with the homicide of the Seattle PD officer on October 31st (see above).  On November 29thth, four Lakewood PD officers were ambushed in a coffee shop.  That is a neighboring agency to mine and I spent a long couple of weeks working on that investigation (see http://www.odmp.org/officer/20138-officer-tina-griswold and the related links).  Then on December 21st, a Pierce County deputy and sergeant were shot in a surprise attack following a verbal domestic/unwanted person call (see http://www.odmp.org/officer/20190-deputy-sheriff-kent-mundell).  The deputy died one week later, never having responded to treatment.

I know that there is a group of caring and praying folks here on this site.  Please keep the families of these six officers in your prayers.  This has been a rough Christmas and New Years for them.

Meanwhile, I'm off to another funeral on Tuesday...

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
SSS #573

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • SASS #: 87747
  • GAF #: 502
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2010, 04:13:05 PM »
From the other side of the continent I read the terrible stories coming out of the West Coast areas.
Three years since I pulled the pin . Breaks my heart to hear of these events

Please accept my prayers for all those involved . The officers gave it all , God Bless them and their families.
May He also give strenght to those who work on in the quest to end this

Dutchy
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
Bvt.Major  Chaplain  GAF  502 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 12:43:21 PM »
The NW has had more than it's share this year. Our job has always been dangerous, but lately it has been stepped up. The total disregard for the law or authority is at it's highest. Living in a democracy has it's great points.  There are alot of folks that take advantage of our democracy for the wrong reasons. I'm starting my second year of retirement after 39 years as an officer.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 05:19:07 PM »
Arlington, Tx PD lost one of their motor officers Wednesday morning in a traffic accident involving a school bus.  The motorcycle collided with the side of the bus and burst into flames. The officer was dead at the scene.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 06:56:31 PM »
RIP
Thanks for the news . It keeps on ...Prayers  for his family and friends

Two of our RCMP ( Federal ) Officers are 'missing' in Haiti . They were part of the policing contingent . One was a member  I knew and worked with here in this Division . God protect then and hope they are just unable to contact HQ  cause of the damage.
God Bless
Dutchy
"I'm too old to go soldiering any more , too stiff in the joints to ride point and too dam fat to wrestle drunks Any day they don't pat you on the face with a shovel is a good one"

BOLD 887 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

Offline Charlie Bowdre

• PISTOLARO .
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Charlie Bowdre
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 09:14:23 PM »
Sad news , just announced the recovery of one RCMP members remains in Haiti, other still missing.
Recovered was my former work acquaintance , just turned 50 . Damn :(.
God Bless them all.
Dutchy

BOLD 887 
STORM 271 
SASS 87747
CHINOOK COUNTRY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com