Author Topic: Public Right to Carry?  (Read 31164 times)

Offline joec

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Public Right to Carry?
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2012, 07:03:18 PM »
Well I got my first concealed carry license when they first came onto the scene back in the early 80's but had carried since I was 21 before that. I've lived in 4 states and gotten concealed carry permits in everyone without much problem. I now live in Kentucky and got one for here once I decided to stay. My wife also carries daily as well as I do. I kind of resent the fee to pay for something but do see some need for it also.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2012, 07:25:39 PM »
Well I got my first concealed carry license when they first came onto the scene back in the early 80's but had carried since I was 21 before that. I've lived in 4 states and gotten concealed carry permits in everyone without much problem. I now live in Kentucky and got one for here once I decided to stay. My wife also carries daily as well as I do. I kind of resent the fee to pay for something but do see some need for it also.
[/color]

I can't see any justification for it at all.  IT'S A RIGHT!  No one should be able to charge for nor tax a right.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Shotgun Franklin

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2012, 07:47:29 PM »
I'm old enough to remember, but wasn't old enough to vote under, the Pole Tax. I just don't see any difference in'm. No one eligible to exercise a Right should have to pay to do so.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 02:10:52 AM »

Offline joec

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2012, 08:56:02 PM »
I'm old enough to remember, but wasn't old enough to vote under, the Pole Tax. I just don't see any difference in'm. No one eligible to exercise a Right should have to pay to do so.

I agree, but if they insist on a background check and a fancy photo ID type license then I see why they charge every 5 years. None of that stuff should be required in my opinion at all.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Offline Tall Dark Slim

• Talkative and generally full of it, but harmless nonetheless.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Carolina Gunslinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2012, 09:18:56 PM »
We have all seen the wild antics of newbies at the range. I hate regulations, but there should be some level of competency.

Afterall, we have to qualify every year.

Sir,
I agree with you. Having shot the Virginia DCJS firearms qualification with four different weapons and achieving a perfect score each time I do not think much of either the qualification process nor the minimum standard. I believe 7 and in was full points on the B-27. I couldn't pull the trigger fast enough to drop a point at the distances required. I saw others that could not hold even this generous margin reliably still "qualify." I like the US Navy standard much better. The transitional Q is harder to see the rings and a more stringent 5 point zone is enforced. 48 Rounds with 240 possible points and practical things like multiple firing positions and timed reloads. If you qualify here you at least have some semblance of marksmanship with a handgun. I believe there should be an improvement in the civilian carry and police qualification standards. It should be enough that no one should pass if they do not practice regularly. The last thing I want is to be hit by errant shots from Tacticool Tommy in his IDPA vest or or Quick Draw McGoof who only practices once a year.  Both these men are idiots and have no dang bidness toting a shootin' iron in the first place despite his badge or tactical vest instilled false confidence.

Edit:
I agree that there should be no legal requirements or restrictions on firearms carriage. If men would be men and practice with their arms there. Would be a different story if folks took more pride in their marksmanship and skill at arms.

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2012, 11:21:02 PM »
I am a retired California LEO.  I carry ALL the time (a model 469 S&W compact 9mm).  I am an advocate of citizen carry like in Nevada, WA, TX and FL.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline Rafe Covington

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2012, 11:47:25 PM »
I am 65 years old, been carrying since I was 15 years old. I don't need the governments or anybody elses permission to do so. I also don't feel the need to prove to anybody about whether I have the right to carry or not. Not in a hurry to go to jail or die but I will die on my feet and not my knees.

Rafe
If there is nothing in your life worth dying for than you are already dead

Offline Utah Bob

• Top Active Citizen
    • Lazy Bob Ranch
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2012, 05:04:10 PM »
When the police do not support the citizens' right to bear arms, they become merely a tool of oppression. It ain't rocket science but it's too much for many politicians to wrap their pinheads around. >:(

From Sir Robert Peel's nine principles of policing:

What in the wide world of sports is goin on. That ain't my avatar!!
Rocky Mountain Warthog
BOLD #1
GAF #6
Proprietor - Lazy Bob Ranch
No cattle, No crops, No problem

Offline Froogal

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3882
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 572
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2023, 03:14:29 PM »
Very interesting!! This thread was started in 2008. Here it is 2023 and we're still fighting for our right to self defense.

And yes, I do carry.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com