Author Topic: Changing my line up.  (Read 5463 times)

Offline Marshal Will Wingam

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
Re: Changing my line up.
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2019, 02:48:55 PM »
Let me know, and I'll hold one back for you when I ship them back to VTI.  There will be about 30-35 (I don't have number yet).  You can make it right with Walt, and then I will ship to you when he says I can.
Thanks. I'll think about that.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2019, 09:49:11 PM »
I am ticking with the 5.5 to go with the 8" gated.  I am switching to a gated Konverter though, and think I will be able to fit an ejector on the 5.5.  I will keep the folks posted.  On another note, I just got all the ejectors from VTI that need my modification.  Ordered the roll pins and some cut off wheels today.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2019, 08:31:01 PM »
I was able to install a  Kirst 1858 ejector on a 5.5" NMA.  I worked out a work around for the cylinder pin being too long on the 5.5".

1) Cut the old cylinder pin out.  Pretty much it was like Caesar crossing the Rubicon.  Once you cut out the old pin, you are done with percussion cylinder, unless you use it with an ejector/cylinder pin that is modified.  I will get another cylinder pin and modify it so I can use percussion still.

2) trim the breech end of the ejector/cylinder pin about to make it about 1/8" shorter, that leaves 1/8" left past the end of the cylinder to engage the recoil shield for stability.

3) trim of 1/3 the width of the loading lever latch on the barrel, on the side the ejector is on.  That still leaves 2/3 the width to engage the loading lever catch.

4) cut a square notch the T lug on the side opposite the ejector, about 3/16" x 3/16".  This allows the cylinder pin/ejector room to clear the now trimmed lug.  It still allows enough forward surface on the T lug to be held in place in the notch in the front of the frame, by the rear edge of the rammer arm.

Works perfect and REALLY looks cool on the 5.5 inch!

Pics to come when I get back in town at the end of the week.  I am gone until Thursday or Friday.  When I get back, I will install the gated conversion on the 5.5" too.  That will give me  a 5.5" and an 8" NMA, both with gated Konverters and ejector rods.

I am going to give Walt a written and photo directions so he can have it on the web page.  This will work with either the Tuolumne Lawman transitional ejectors (that I am working on for Walt) or the upcoming future production ones.
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 03:36:29 PM »

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2019, 10:15:04 PM »
Nice work around. I look forward to the pics.

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2019, 08:31:20 AM »

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN

• Garden Variety
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2019, 10:49:18 AM »
There you go, clean and simple. Good thinking.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com