Author Topic: Kinda like a ghost town around here...  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
Re: Kinda like a ghost town around here...
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2022, 03:28:21 PM »
We have a group of shooters who come from Virginia to play with us at ECSASS. Nice guys but they initially complained that our rifle targets were too far so the MD said no problem. Next shoot the targets were closer but only half size marshals. They keep coming back so they must like what we do and are able to shoot. They kick my butt every month. Heres the ringleader. He lost a bet but ain’t she cute.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2022, 04:59:05 PM »

:)  SO, BALTIMORE  ;)

CAS is still much as you describe.  We still dress like yesteryear.  We still shoot our Black Powder guns.  We still shoot our Italian built reproductions.  With and without Black Powder.  Everyone who play the game, as it is, don't shoot every match or stage clean.  When you play, you don't have to go fast.  No requirement that you must go fast.  It is important to find some fun.  I personally don't win matches anymore.  I've gotten old and deliberate.  But I still have a lot of FUN.  So long as I can still find fun, I will continue play.  Find the fun aspects and let the Young and the Restless worry about going fast.

You don't like the way CAS has changed.  OK.  If YOU elect not to play the GAME the way it is today, that's YOUR choice.  Go Home.  It's that simple.  Haranguing everyone else because it's not YOUR game is just silly.

Most of the other shooting games still play their respective games the same old way they have always played 'em.  I don't see our local Sportsman's Club overrun with Skeet and Trap shooters anymore either.  Tell a bunch of NSSA Skeet shooters the match is going to be Continental rules and hear the protests.  IPSC and Like activities are also not over run with competitive mobs at all.  The different disciplines are "different."  To compare the CAS game with those other games is ludicrous.  Completely different premise.  Get over it.

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2022, 05:13:33 PM »
I’ve been over it for a while. Covld and the shortages have just made me more over it. I do my cas club and a 2 gun .22 zsa shoot monthly, in fact I’ll shoot it Sunday. My comparisons were to point out that other sports, shooting and non shooting did not feel the need to make their game easier for their competitors. That’s all. It’s all about having fun with a gun or a couple of guns. But going to cas state shoots and regionals were fun too. The great people were a big part. But things change. Got over it. Have a good one.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:45:36 PM »

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2022, 08:39:00 PM »
I guess it is somewhat on subject to mention what the rest of the world thinks about the current big/close norm.  For some unknown reason (well, Red Dead Redemption and gamers had something to do with it) a couple of my youtube Shorts went viral so now I'm getting large numbers of viewers from around the world for almost any Short I post.  Most are from countries that do not have organized shooting sports.  The majority of the comments are in other languages and I've had Google translate a few but there are thousands so I ignore most!  A large percentage are laughing at how close the targets are. And many comments are about wimpy loads, and certainly there is something to that but cellphone camera audio clamps down on the sound level which doesn't help.  But then there are also plenty of comments are like, wow, great shooting, this looks like so much fun!   ;D   I'm going to enjoy myself regardless, but it is easy to see how some folks are laughing at it. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com