Author Topic: Anyone Else Stocking Up Supplies  (Read 5617 times)

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Anyone Else Stocking Up Supplies
« on: October 30, 2008, 05:45:48 PM »
In lieu of a change in political winds?

No political rants here please.  Just want to know if I am the only one investing in EBR's (Evil Black Rifles) ammo for aforementioned EBR and reloading components? 

Wife isn't too happy about the expendatures, but my gun safe is worth more than many's 401K and the political landscape says the investments may be wise at this point...

It took a week for one of my gun dealers to locate an M4 style rifle in 6.8 SPC.  I wanted something legal to hunt with.  DMPS has more than a 10 month back order on .243's.  Armalite and Rock River supplies were exhausted and I had to go with a Bushmaster.  I did consider a Remington R-25 at Cabela's last night, but that is in  "Ban" configuration and had a mossy oak camo pattern all over it.  Nice rifle though.  I will next be purchasing some bulk lead rounds in fear of a requirement that all rounds have serial numbers.  Primers too.

Over all, I don't see Cowboy rifles being on the bubble unless they mess around with the magazine capacity.  I think the 1860 Henry is illegal in Illinois because it holds 12.  Glad I already got one ;)
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline Bull Schmitt

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Anyone Else Stocking Up Supplies
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 06:26:03 PM »
I'm taking inventory of reloading supplies. As they say "Be Prepared".
Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
GAF Adjutant General
GAF Commander Department of the Atlantic
GAF Webmaster
SCORRS President & Webmaster
SASS #9535, SCORRS, GAF, NRA

Offline Dusty Tagalon

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS 32291, NCOWS L170, GAF 74
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 08:57:35 PM »
My 1860 will shoot 16, I have the lifter from Ariondack Jack. On Saturday I will be picking up an 1895, maft in 1899.

Dusty

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:53:02 PM »

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 10:25:35 PM »
I've got a pretty good supply, though I do need a few more primers and a few more pounds of powder.

Personally, I'm hoping that the liberal media is telling us what a big lead Hussien Obama has to try to get some folks to jump on the band wagon.....but I'm not counting on it.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 10:43:46 PM »
I'm always stocking up no matter what direction the winds are blowing.  ;)

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 12:16:19 AM »
As sthe Boy Scouts Motto:  BE PREPARED!
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline kurt250

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 02:59:16 PM »
good to see that some people are using there heads. the cowboy guns and holy black stuff arn't on the commie hit list. not yet anyway. but they will be. if anyone is dumb enough to think they will leave b.p. shooters alone they should be ready for what they get. these people HATE GUNS. they don.t care if there cowboy, flint lock, or assault weapons. they hate them all and they hate the people who own them.stock up on everything, regester nothing. keep your mouth shut on what you have and who you know. now for the tough part, we wait. we watch and work to dirve the commie liberal scum out of office. remember a simple rule when it comes to liberal or democrats- you can always tell when there lieing, there lips move. kurt250

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 06:13:50 PM »
Why would anyone want to stock up?  I might if there was a blizzard forecast, lay in a supply of chunky canned soup.  Is there something going to happen in the next week or so that should concern me...or all of us?  Like an election or something?  BTW, has anyone tried out those NEW Ruger Mini-14/5 with the heavier barrel and the M-1 Garand/Carbine-type sights (with the ears on either side of the front blade)?  Would it be more practicable in 5.56 or the Mini-30 in 7.63 x 39?  I mean all things considered.  With my back problems lately, I don't know if I can stand the recoil of...never mind!
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2008, 06:44:25 PM »
Kind of hoping for a ban so I can turn a profit on some merchandise...In the big picture I don't want a ban but I do like profits and I am betting that the ban will come in the form of a crime bill.  Outlawing certain rifles, magazine capacities and mucking up ammo with taxes or requiring serial numbers driving the cost thru the roof.

With the Supreme Court affirming the 2d Amendment as an individual right, I don't see a straight up assualt on the ammendment, but they will try to nibble away at it.  Might try to do what they did in France and Spain and outlaw Military Calibers. 

I have a buddy that thinks there may be civil unrest, but I don't think so.  I am looking at this as purely turning a profit.  Worse case scenario, I am stuck with a couple of rifles extra rifles some ammo and components for Cowboy loads anyway.  I think all we have to do is look at what the California state legislature has tried to pass to see where they are trying to take things across the nation.
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline swordboy

• Very Active Citizen
  • pain is a good teacher
    • master the blade
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 07:10:10 PM »
well kiss .50 .308 7x62 .223 and 9mm bye bye and thats just for starters
the line between genius and madness may be a fine one ,but theres a big brick wall between crazy and stupid

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 08:45:37 PM »
I stocked up on Halloween candy.

There is no reason to worry about their planning to enact any more laws. Laws, they're not the issue.
(notice how I've sneaked in a quick lesson in the correct usage of 'there', 'their', and 'they're' ;D)

Heck, the poor economy coupled with cost increases on all the components are going to price shooting sports out of reach for many.
Then all we'll have to legitimately gripe about is Major Matt gouging us for his black market prices.
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 08:54:15 PM »
John,

I prefer to think of myself as a visonary.... ;D
Major Matt Lewis

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 02:03:48 PM »
I'm not buying for anyone but me ...

And I wouldn't consider making much of a profit - just for profit's sake.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline kurt250

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2008, 03:44:59 PM »
well major, i remember when there were a lot of gun dealers who were all in favor of the 1968 gun control act. they thought that it would increase there profits by having to have a ffl. of corse the gun control jerks told them that it would be good for there profits and of would protect the children.i wounder how they feel now.if you think you can make a deal with these pices of trash, you are going to be in for a very unplesant suprise. they are looking to someone like you to give them what they really want. a TOTAL BAN ON ALL FIREARMS. my mother was a founding member of handgun contrl inc. i know that is what they want.if you want to see how it will be done, just look into that mirror the next time you shave. thats what the idot who will give away our rights looks like. kurt250

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2008, 08:09:02 PM »
OK,

I am taking off my profiteerer hat and putting on my moderator's hat for a few minutes.  It has been reported to me by two individuals that this post was getting a little hateful with the name calling and such.  We here in the barracks tend to play very nicely with each other.  Regardless of opinion, political stance or whether we are left or right handed....we even don't discriminate between black powder and smokeless.  So, the name calling stops.  If we can't play nice, this thread disappears and I ask the Marshal to step in and lay down some frontier justice.  If there are any questions, please let me know off line. 

To the folks who reported this post to me 6 hours ago, I do apologize for the delay as my 6 year old daughter had me out accompanying her on the sale of Girl Scout Cookies today and I could not get a good feel of what was going on here on my mobile phone. 

So, no more names and let's try to keep the hate out of the posts.
Major Matt Lewis

Offline Charles Isaac

• Grand Army of the Frontier
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2008, 08:23:32 PM »
We have hurricanes here so I always have a supply of extra food, a generator, chainsaw, gasoline and a full propane tank.

Back during the dark days of '94 and the first "assault weapons" ban, I bought a second all GI parts M1A for a spare, seeing how it is my favorite "modern" rifle. Paid double what I paid in '87 for my first one.

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2008, 01:05:35 AM »
Trailrider,

If the recoil bothers you, get one of them nice 90 mm recoilless rifles!! ;D ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2008, 03:04:33 AM »
Dr. Bob, Have you ever carried one of those 90mm RR around? I was in a Weapons Platoon for a while. WE had 2 of them. I am a big guy, so I got to care it around on my shoulder. That thing was heavy.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Dr. Bob

• Dr. Bob
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Physician and Sporting Gent aka Bob Dorian
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2008, 02:45:55 PM »
TLD,

Yep, I  was aware that it is a heave toy to tote! ;D  But, the problem was recoil. ::) ;D  I'm not big enough to tote one very far.  Ya can't do concealed carry with it either! :o ;D ::) ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2008, 03:01:19 PM »
You just had to remember not to stand behind it because of the backblast. During our inital training, they set a 105 ammo crate behind it and fired the weapon. The crate exploded and caught fire at the same time.  We had some of the old CJ5 jeeps with the 106mm RR mounted on them. They were worse about the backblast. Those old jeeps would go up and down and forward and backwards all at the same time when we would fire it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com