Author Topic: Cimarron New Model P  (Read 2120 times)

Offline MT Pockets

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cimarron New Model P
« on: January 28, 2018, 06:44:59 PM »
I have a Cimarron "New Model P" two digit serial number blackpowder frame .45LC It seems to be odd as it says "New Model P" and being an "old model" frame. The Low serial number is cool for me but doubt it has any added value but none of what I have seen are listed or stamped like mine. It says underside of barrel Fredricksburg, TX not Houston like some. I have had the pistol for 18 years or so and it is in mint condition having shot it little. I need to work on the front sight as it strikes low. Jacketed bullet shoot a bit higher and group nice but I had planned to shoot lead. Anyone seen this on a Cimarron?

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
Re: Cimarron New Model P
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 12:36:00 PM »
Over the years, the Roll Stamps on Italian Guns has gone through lots of changes.  The Roll Stamps are even changed in the midst of current production runs.  The differences in the Roll Stamps are meaningless.  They are just listed as being "different."  Different production "Runs" can also contain entirely different serial number ranges.

When USFA went belly up, suddenly USFA guns became instantly "Collectors" although those with Uberti parts, not so much.  I may not "get out" enough these days but I don't know of anyone "collecting" Cimarron or Uberti guns.  None of your cited "strangeness" would have any effect on value or price (that I know of).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com