Author Topic: spencer bullet selection  (Read 448 times)

Offline Jay Bradley

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
spencer bullet selection
« on: January 02, 2024, 06:30:22 PM »
I am considering buying a replica spencer in 45 Colt.  Any recommendations as to the bullet and the cartridge overall length?

Offline Macon Due

• Active citizen
  • SASS #: 29445
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: spencer bullet selection
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 07:20:01 PM »
After fighting mine for months and finally sending it back to cimarron for repairs it 'seems' to be working ok now. From what I have read they seem to prefer a longer bullet of a tapered nose design with a flat nose but not a real big flat nose. Overall cart. length seems to be 1.600" to have the best chance to feed correctly. I am still looking for a correct bullet. I am checking with Accuratemolds.com at this time.
Macon Due 29445

Offline Macon Due

• Active citizen
  • SASS #: 29445
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 09:17:01 PM »
Jay
I am 'Still' trying to make contact with "Tom" at Accuratemolds but cannot get him to respond to e mail.
Macon

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:51:27 PM »

Offline Treeman

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 06:11:56 PM »
I bought a Chiappa Spencer in 45 Colt two months ago. I had on hand a box of Missouri 255 Keith cast bullets coated with hi-tek coating. I loaded them to exactly 1.6 inches. Mine has ran almost perfect from day one. If I work the lever with authority it feeds and shoots like a champ. Sometimes the very last round in the tube gets a little fussy but it’ll still feed. At first it was a learning curve on how to work that lever. Don’t baby it. Now that I have probably 300 rounds through it it is smooth as butter except for that very last round sometimes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com