Special Interests - Groups & Societies > SCORRS

Shooting Cimarron New Model Army Conversions

<< < (2/2)

Coffinmaker:

:)  HEY RUBE !!   ;)

Always wanted to yell that.  Anyway, really nice guns.  Having a pair of the "older" guns is a huge PLUS!! to allow you to use the Cap Gun Cylinders interchangeably (wow that's a big wurd).

I have actually set up several of my Colt pattern SNUBBIES to be convertible.  Didn't use Gated conversions though.  R&D two piece "drop in" cylinders.  Really really fun.  Go to a multi day match and if the weather isn't swell for Cap Guns . . . swap for Suppository Cylinders and PRESTO!!  Real Fun!!

Rube Burrows:

--- Quote from: Coffinmaker on June 23, 2021, 10:46:06 AM --- :)  HEY RUBE !!   ;)

Always wanted to yell that.  Anyway, really nice guns.  Having a pair of the "older" guns is a huge PLUS!! to allow you to use the Cap Gun Cylinders interchangeably (wow that's a big wurd).

I have actually set up several of my Colt pattern SNUBBIES to be convertible.  Didn't use Gated conversions though.  R&D two piece "drop in" cylinders.  Really really fun.  Go to a multi day match and if the weather isn't swell for Cap Guns . . . swap for Suppository Cylinders and PRESTO!!  Real Fun!!

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that is a great idea for sure. I have been eying up some of those Colt style snubs.

Coffinmaker:

:)  OOPS   ;)

I fibbed.  Sorry.  I also built myself a pair of Colt Pattern 1860 Conversions with Kirst Konverters gated conversions.  They also accept their original Cap Cylinders.  They do look a tad "odd" with the cartridge channel thru the recoil shield but they are some easy to Cap I can tell ya.

Didn't see a lot of smoke when you were shooting those Remingtons though.  Stealthy smoke??

Play Safe Out There

Rube Burrows:

--- Quote from: Coffinmaker on June 24, 2021, 09:47:06 AM --- :)  OOPS   ;)

I fibbed.  Sorry.  I also built myself a pair of Colt Pattern 1860 Conversions with Kirst Konverters gated conversions.  They also accept their original Cap Cylinders.  They do look a tad "odd" with the cartridge channel thru the recoil shield but they are some easy to Cap I can tell ya.

Didn't see a lot of smoke when you were shooting those Remingtons though.  Stealthy smoke??

Play Safe Out There

--- End quote ---

Well I need to load up some black powder 45 Colt but those were the smokless "stealthy smoke" Trailboss loads.

russ1943:
What is the best Conversion cylinder for Pieta 1858 Remington what  to get in 45ACP   

Advertisers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version