Special Interests - Groups & Societies > SCORRS

Picture album of Cartridge box labels (updated 11/30/08)

<< < (3/9) > >>

Oldelm:
River City John,.......thanks for posting those nice labels. I like that Winchester .45 Cal picture box.
Good idea about making the 2-piece boxes with the string opener. Is that how they originally packaged them, with the string opener? Clever idea. I somehow thought that the purchaser just slit the seam with a sharp knife . 

Wolfgang:
I made up some custom 12 ga boxes a couple years ago.  Just checked the gun cabinet here in my "rollin' bunkhouse" and don't have any of 'em with me.  Will get down home soon and will be able to post some pictures.   Was a fun project.  Gave a box full of brass shell loads to a freind for Xmas that year and he was more thrilled with the box than the shells . . .  ;D

Curley Cole:

Here are some "just for fun" ammo boxes I made for me and some friends. I plan to do more when I get retired and have more free time. I have a bunch of ideas...

curley

Hoof Hearted:
Now we're getting the ball rollin' boys!

River City

I hope you don't mind, but I copied yer labels into the photobucket so they'll be available for posterity ;)

River City John:

--- Quote from: Hoof Hearted on November 01, 2008, 09:07:45 PM ---Now we're getting the ball rollin' boys!

River City

I hope you don't mind, but I copied yer labels into the photobucket so they'll be available for posterity ;)

--- End quote ---
;D ;D And I hope you don't mind, I copied several of your full-frontal images of labels into my log of cartridge labels for future use.
Check out the three threads in the NCOWS Forum on 19th Century labels for sharing. The entire article has many contributions and tips for labeling in general, plus cartridge labels in particular. Be aware that the three threads are scheduled for deletion at the end of this month as they have been on that forum for over a year, so don't dawdle!

Advertisers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version