Author Topic: Frontier and Great Western II  (Read 460 times)

Offline Niederlander

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
Frontier and Great Western II
« on: February 20, 2024, 05:13:53 PM »
Gentlemen, This may have been asked before, but are the Cimarron Frontier by Pietta and the Great Western II the same gun?  Any differences?
"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1224
Re: Frontier and Great Western II
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 07:47:28 PM »
Essentially the same.  Markings different, of course.  Each company will have some models that the other doesn't, and some others that are close to identical.  Now, Cimarron can confuse you because they have called some of their Ubertis "Frontier Six Shooters".  I know that any Cimarron that has a part number starting with PP is Pietta.  Starting with MP or CA is Uberti.

Offline RoyceP

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2024, 06:55:30 PM »
I recently bought a flat top target from Cimarron. It came in a Cimarron box but was roll stamped Dixie Gun Works. It's a Uberti product.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:39:26 AM »

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1224
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2024, 07:48:30 PM »
I recently bought a flat top target from Cimarron. It came in a Cimarron box but was roll stamped Dixie Gun Works. It's a Uberti product.
Woops!  Somebody goofed.  Not very common but I have seen it a few times before, usually caught at Cimarron.  Mike Harvey once told me he was looking over some Henry barrels he had ordered from Uberti and they didn't seem very polished.  Then noticed the Cabelas roll marks.  :)

The bigger issue is how does it shoot?  Sure looks good.

Offline RoyceP

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2024, 10:16:56 AM »
It shoots fine. A real tack driver. I don't care what the box or roll marks say.

Offline Cholla Hill Tirador

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2024, 03:20:19 AM »
Woops!  Somebody goofed.  Not very common but I have seen it a few times before, usually caught at Cimarron.  Mike Harvey once told me he was looking over some Henry barrels he had ordered from Uberti and they didn't seem very polished.  Then noticed the Cabelas roll marks.  :)

The bigger issue is how does it shoot?  Sure looks good.

I bought one of these in 44-40 from Dixie Gun Works a few years ago and fitted a .44 Special cylinder to it. Holy SMOKES that thing was accurate! I used it during a couple of deer seasons and make a couple of easy chip shots at just under 40 yds., but alas I just didn't like carrying the long barrel. The new owner is very pleased with it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com