Author Topic: HR 218 - explination in a nutshell, please!  (Read 3395 times)

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 46
HR 218 - explination in a nutshell, please!
« on: February 20, 2007, 03:55:51 PM »
Howdy to the camp,

I admit to having my head in the sand since I retired in 1998. I know basically about HR218 allowing current and retired peace officers to carry nationwide, but that's about it.  As a retired CA peace officer, I have CCW priv. in CA. Haven't left the state much, so HR 218 hasn't been an issue.

Now I am moving to IL and will be traveling much more.  I got some paperwork from Illinois retired peace officer Assn (or something like that) to send in.

Can someone give me the basics: do you have to qualify in home state, do you have to have insurance, what are exceptions to permit to carry, any other applicable info, etc.

Thanks in advance.

As I have been teachinbg the last 4 years, academics aren't really very second amendment friendly, so it has not been a daily topic!
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline Arcey

• Underlord of Soot
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: HR 218 - explination in a nutshell, please!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 05:33:47 PM »
http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,12351.0.html

Some words on insurance there, TL.

I’ve had to go to the city’s range the last two years to qualify.   They give us a letter stating we quailified on the range.  The letter also specifies what firearm was used, caliber, model, serial number and score.  From the range to Central Records where the retired LEO ID is updated.  It shows compliance with 218.  The guys in Training also strongly suggested a copy of the letter be carried in your vehicle.  They didn’t say why.

BTW, there was a retired cop from out of state living here now in the group with us.  They ran him through as a courtesy.  When you settle in where you're going to be I'd suggest you contact them.................
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn’t be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it ‘n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com