Author Topic: Trail Boss through Lee powder dispensers?  (Read 4536 times)

Offline Roscoe

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Trail Boss through Lee powder dispensers?
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2019, 07:24:13 PM »
I get better consistency by removing any baffle from the hopper. I don't do any jogging of the rig between cycles. I do the same for other powders that are sort of coarse, especially to get better results with Unique, 700-x, and Red Dot.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2019, 02:17:08 AM »
When I was in the market for a powder measure a friend who shot bench rest told me to buy a Redding BR-3 unless I was going to shoot serious  BR then buyt the Sinclair or the Jones.

I did and have never regretted spending about twice what a Hornaday or RCBS used.

I use the wide rifle bushing for everything and although I've not used Trail Boss has dropped all powders tried within a 1/10th of a grain with big stick powder and undetectable with finer powders.  Am sure it would do the same with Trail Boss.

Secret with it or any other measure I've used is to leave the lever down when doing any other work, when ready, pull the lever up with a fairly hard bang, count to 5 and charge the case the same way. 

The working the press or other movement won't pack s empty bushing like it will a full one and the slight bang helps keep constant pressure in the hopper.  I also never run it low enough to expose the baffle above. 

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Roscoe

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2019, 06:33:58 AM »
I get better consistency by removing any baffle from the hopper. I don't do any jogging of the rig between cycles. I do the same for other powders that are sort of coarse, especially to get better results with Unique, 700-x, and Red Dot.
Trailboss seems especially susceptible to static electricity. I have assumed that is the source of escaped powder granules. I don't see where it could actually leak.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 05:43:54 AM »

Offline rbertalotto

• Top Active Citizen
    • RVB Precision
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2019, 08:34:41 PM »
Over 25,000 rounds of 45 Cowboy Special, 38-40 and 38 special......ALL on three Lee 1000 progressive presses with powder discs. Have NEVER had a squib load or misfire or over/under charge...

Can't say the same for my Dillon 650 which has done all of the above a few times....
Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com