Author Topic: Billy the Kid  (Read 1531 times)

Offline middletownbob

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Billy the Kid
« on: May 02, 2022, 10:09:30 PM »
started watching the EPIX series Billy the Kid, so far so good, its free too, check it out!

Offline Cowtown

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 85193
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: Billy the Kid
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 07:03:42 PM »
Wife and I have been watching and enjoying it quite a bit. The actor is a bit tall for Billy, but his face is uncanny! Costuming has made the point of having Billy wear a sweater as seen in the one, possibly two authentic photos of Billy. Props even has him getting a "double action" revolver although we don't get a close-up of it as I'd imagine it is an Uberti single action, but at least they allude to it!

A bunch of no name actors who can act! It has been refreshing watching this. Costuming and firearms are quite good. The story? Who knows? Not much is known of Billy's back story but it does touch some interesting themes.

Offline Galloway

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2022, 01:20:44 PM »
Got a link anyone?

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:17:11 PM »

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 93
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 07:40:53 AM »
It is available on Amazon prime with an additional channel subscription.   I think the same subscription will get you That Dirty Black Bag, which looks a little darker.

Offline middletownbob

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 08:08:39 AM »
i was watching on EPIX for free last month and only got to episode 5, then i couldnt watch unless i took out a subscription, i guess i will have to wait until its free again or find it somewhere else...i really liked it though.....Bob

Offline Buffalo Creek Law Dog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2022, 10:29:19 AM »
i was watching on EPIX for free last month and only got to episode 5, then i couldnt watch unless i took out a subscription, i guess i will have to wait until its free again or find it somewhere else...i really liked it though.....Bob
[/
I usually wait until they come out in DVD.
SASS 66621
BOLD 678
AFS 43
NFA
ABPA

Offline Bart Slade

• Citizen
  • SASS #: 108760
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2022, 04:33:49 PM »
So far (8 episodes in), I'm liking "Billy The Kid".

My only real gripe is that there is so far almost zero darkness to his character.   Every unlawful act he commits is either a set up, or he was duped, or he was manipulated by a politician, or he was put into a no win scenario.   A very specific turn on a criminal.  I'd like to see him lose his temper once in awhile, make a poor choice due to rage or something.

Offline middletownbob

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2022, 07:33:30 AM »
just finished the season and i liked it, hopefully there is a season 2, i'm hooked!   Bob

Offline Rube Burrows

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 84934
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 691
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2022, 11:10:22 AM »
I very much enjoyed it and hope that they do more seasons. I feel the guy playing Billy did a good job and the more I look at him as Billy the more he resembles the authentic photo of him.
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 899
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2022, 01:52:21 PM »
Since Amazon gave $2M to Black Lives Matter during the summer they were burning US cities I'll have to pass on this one.

Besides, from what you folks are saying Billy was just a poor misunderstood youth who got caught up in a bad situation. Just like the defense attorneys calmed for the 17, 18, and 19 years olds I arrested for felonies. Got a bridge I'll sell ya cheep.

Dave

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com