Author Topic: RIP Brad Johnson  (Read 1218 times)

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 632
RIP Brad Johnson
« on: February 23, 2022, 01:11:35 AM »
I recently learned that Brad Johnson, the actor who played Beau Dorn in "Crossfire Trail", passed away on February 18th. He was a former rodeo rider and Marlboro Man who moved on to acting. Here's a quote from his IMDB page about his start:

"Brad's route to stardom was speedy, dramatic and somewhat circuitous. He joined the Pro Rodeo circuit in 1984 and was spotted wrestling steers in Wyoming by a casting director looking for cowboys to use as extras in a beer commercial. After this first break came a three-year run as the Marlboro Man, then numerous Calvin Klein print ads and more commercials. After a serious knee injury sidelined his rodeo career, Johnson headed for Hollywood."

In "Crossfire Trail " he had a great combination of good looks and a cold heart. He may not have been a superstar, but he'll be missed.

Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 411
Re: RIP Brad Johnson
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 05:52:47 AM »
I'm saddened to hear this; I remember him from "Rough Riders'" as the pivotal roll Henry Nash.
And I got work again on "Comanche Moon", where he played a part, he was quite personable. 
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 93
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 06:53:22 AM »
That is sad to hear.   His career should have been bigger in my opinion.    I liked him in Riverworld, and several other things.  Always thought they missed the opportunity and should have cast him as Berringer's brother in Johnson County Wars.  They looked like brothers.   

He had a great affectation in Crossfire Trail.  He took the bullet while he was watching his target and ran it along his nose, getting the oils from his skin on the bullet.  Just added lubrication for the blackpowder shot he was about to take.   That seems like something he would have thought of.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:31:31 AM »

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2022, 01:04:50 PM »
Enjoyed his skills in all of the fore mentioned parts- he was also a pretty good horseman on his own part.

RIP. Prayers for his family healing
Mathew 5.9

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2022, 03:31:36 PM »
He always looked like he knew what he was doing, which is something I cannot say of a lot of actors.  Will be missed.
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com