Author Topic: Godless  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
Godless
« on: September 02, 2021, 07:59:12 PM »
Finally decided to watch this mini-series on Netflix.  Will finish the last two episodes tonight.  Nice to see a Henry in the hands of the Heroine, a Schofield in the Marshal's holster.  The protagonist, Roy Goode "uses a .38" I am assuming it was a .38 RM, as I saw a flash of one (smooth cylinder with no step) when he shoots the Rancher that was fixing to hang him.  Also appearances by 1875 Remingtons, 1860 Cartridge conversion, 1866s, 1873s, some Sharps, and Winchester 1876 I believe in a .50 caliber.... (that one wizzed by me).  Period leather was also decent.

All in all, Hollywood for sure but not too terrible.  While there are inaccuracies, it is actually entertaining.  One observation, they seem to cover vast distances very quickly on horseback (Taos New Mexico to Montana, etc.)
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1174
Re: Godless
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 08:35:25 PM »
...  One observation, they seem to cover vast distances very quickly on horseback (Taos New Mexico to Montana, etc.)

That seems to be in a lot of westerns.  Like "We'll send for the territorial marshall.  He can be here by tomorrow." 

I don't have Netflix streaming, but will keep Godless in mind for the future.

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 11:15:08 PM »
I forgot to mention that the Llama double action revolver in the opening credits is a real buzz killer. 

I did, however finally see he is using an 1861 Richards-Mason .38
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:24:27 AM »

Offline Tuolumne Lawman

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 12:54:05 AM »
Finished it.  Besides the above guns, there were S&W No. 3s, Americans, Merylwin Hulberts, Colts and more. 
TUOLUMNE LAWMAN

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 411
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 06:17:17 AM »
I haven't seen the show, but may have the opportunity ( recent lightning strike , necessitated the purchase of a new "Smart"  TV)
when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com