Author Topic: The Guns of "Winchester '73"  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
The Guns of "Winchester '73"
« on: February 16, 2021, 04:12:28 PM »
There are many reasons to love the 1950 film "Winchester '73". One of the aspects that I always enjoy is the variety of rifles that make an appearance in the film. There are Sharps, Remingtons, at least one Evans and a variety of Winchesters including 1876 carbines. There are many other different rifles, including some that I can't identify (no doubt others here would be able to identify them, I'm just not as knowledgeable).

Of course, they are sometimes misidentified. The most obvious times are when a character holds up a Winchester 73, and identifies it as a Henry. This happens more than once.

I don't know how many times I've watched the movie, but today I noticed that there actually is an authentic Henry that makes an appearance. It is towards the beginning when they are preparing for the shooting match. As the competitors are picking up their rifles from the table, one of them picks up a Henry rifle. Later, it shows the competitors shooting and that particular individual isn't pictured.

Anyway, I thought that it was interesting. Now I have to get back to the movie.

Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com