Author Topic: Camp and Trail Advice for Primitive Outdoorsmen and Historic Campers  (Read 666 times)

Offline Tsalagidave

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dave Rodgers
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
I did a draft a while ago and it turned into a chapter in my book.  Here is the abbreviated version that I adapted to my online publication.

Camp and Trail Advice for Primitive Outdoorsmen and Historic Campers

I Promise You'll Learn Something! Here are a Few Trail Tips Used by Frontiersmen, Fur Trappers, Soldiers, Emigrants & the Rest of Our Early Western Ancestors

What I think when I roam the wooded trails using the methods of our ancestors…

As primitive outdoorsmen, we step through the veils of time onto ancient pathways with a wanderlust that suits our breed in a very unique way. How do you explain the sensation of your moccasins eating miles of pristine trails beneath the canopies of venerable forests; or looking out over grand vistas of this land from under an old slouch hat? The smell of a wet horse while fording a stream? How about making camp using century’s old techniques, and shedding the bonds of modern dependence? It can be dreamed of but never known until you have lived it firsthand. Primitive hiking and tracking  appeals to our primal being because it challenges us to develop our sense of self reliance. It’s in our nature to stand in the pure presence of the natural world and accept her challenge as our ancestors did in the ages before concrete highways and gasoline.

Learn Old West Pioneer Survival Tricks That Work! Few people know these anymore but I'm trying to share the word.

https://www.frontieramericanillustratednews.com/post/camp-and-trail-advice-for-primitive-outdoorsmen-and-historic-campers

Guns don't kill people; fathers with pretty daughters do.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com