Author Topic: T - 5 Days and counting....  (Read 78850 times)

Offline Bow View Haymaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: T - 26 Days and counting....
« Reply #240 on: September 09, 2008, 10:45:21 PM »
But are the shotguns shells loaded on or off the clock.  I always thought that stoking the pumps would be fine on the clock in any match.  as long as all shells would be loaded on the clock it wouldn't make a difference if you load 2 at a time or 5 at a time.  but if the shotgun is staged loaded then that is different.  I'll just have to cope.
Bow View Haymaker

GAF #522  Dept of the Platte
SASS# 67733 (RO II)
NRA life

Paul Arens

www.HighPlainsShootersSupply.com

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #241 on: September 09, 2008, 10:50:50 PM »
Shotshells are loaded off the clock.  I am almost sure somebody will have one you can borrow.
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline Dusty Tagalon

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS 32291, NCOWS L170, GAF 74
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #242 on: September 10, 2008, 08:58:10 AM »
I am hoping I can get some .265 bullets in intime to shoot the Wild Bunch side match.

For contingency reasons, I have ordered .308  brass, bullets, & dies from Midway. Then I can at least have a 93 conversion (FR7) for the Wild Bunch match.

Dusty

Advertising

Re: T - 5 Days and counting....
« Reply #243 on: Today at 04:14:33 PM »

Offline Major Matt Lewis

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: T - 20 Days and counting....
« Reply #243 on: September 13, 2008, 02:58:06 PM »
Just completed 3 VERY FUN Wild Bunch stages and sent them on to Jerry.  Jerry, please get in contact with me if you have any questions.

Thank you
Major Matt Lewis
Grand Army of the Frontier * SASS Life * NCOWS * Powder Creek Cowboys * Free State Ranges * RO II * NRA Life * Man on the Edge

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
Re: T - 20 Days and counting....
« Reply #244 on: September 13, 2008, 09:52:35 PM »
Well, it appears that after nearly a year of planning and wishing, I won't be able to attend.  Nor will the rest of the Indiana guys.  Dave, Tony, John and Bart have to work.  Bill and I can't afford the trip with just the 2 of us paying for gas.  I blame 99.9% of this failure on the petroleum prices.

And if this weren't enough, gas prices have risen nearly $0.50 per gallon because there MIGHT be some damage due to the hurricane.  I must be in the wrong business!  I mean, what other industry can get away with what the Big Oil companies do?  Back in the spring the cost of gas passed $131/barrel.  Last night it was just below $101/barrel.  That's nearly a 24% drop - but when the oil cost-per-barrel started going down did the retail price end up dropping the same 24%?  Of course not - it dropped a shade more than 10%, and that's all.  Now, the hurricane has caused some havoc down in the Gulf and the Oil Barons have zoomed the price back up "just in case" some of the refineries get damaged.  "Just in case!"  Bah Humbug !  Those thieves have us over a barrel and it's full of crude.  Top it all off with several of the largest companies reporting "record" profits.  Again.  It's a load of crap, and we're forced to eat it.
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

And it's ruining my shooting and meeting old friends and friends I've not yet met!  (Now I've gotten to the REAL issue!  ;)  I was darn sure lookin' forward to eating at Del's Diner, too!  :(

Anyone between Indy and Ft. Hartstuff want to go in on a ride-share?

Bvt. Lt.Col. J.C. Bailey
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
Re: T - 19 Days and counting....
« Reply #245 on: September 14, 2008, 08:28:43 AM »
Sorry to hear that Jeff. :(
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #246 on: September 15, 2008, 06:11:16 AM »
I can Sympathize with Jeff about the gas prices.  It is a little over 700 miles for me to come up to Neb. from Texas one way.  I haven't driven my pickup that far since I got it.  I hopin' that it will get about 20 mpg on the trip. I'll be comin' up there by myself. I have wanted to attend one of the Musters, so this may be my only opportunity to attend due the gas prices.  The SASS convention and NCOWS convention fall under the same catagory. The cost of Airline tickets are also a factor. It is unfortunate that economics have to come into play to put a dent in the activities that we enjoy and attend.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #247 on: September 15, 2008, 08:50:57 AM »
I can Sympathize with Jeff about the gas prices.  It is a little over 700 miles for me to come up to Neb. from Texas one way.  I haven't driven my pickup that far since I got it.  I hopin' that it will get about 20 mpg on the trip. I'll be comin' up there by myself. I have wanted to attend one of the Musters, so this may be my only opportunity to attend due the gas prices.  The SASS convention and NCOWS convention fall under the same catagory. The cost of Airline tickets are also a factor. It is unfortunate that economics have to come into play to put a dent in the activities that we enjoy and attend.

Indeed!  I wish I could get 20 mpg out of my pick-em-up.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Gripmaker

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #248 on: September 17, 2008, 10:43:08 PM »
I can feel for you guys as my  Mazda (read Ford Ranger dressed in noodles) PU gets a whopping 15 mpg no matter how you drive.
But then, I am taking my car (Buick) that gets between 31-35 loaded, again no matter how you drive it.  Michelle Torrence and I just love those "old people's" luxury cars.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: T - 14 Days and counting....
« Reply #249 on: September 20, 2008, 11:53:50 AM »
My 1990 F-150 with the 300 cid in-line 6 and the five speed gets 18 in town and 23 on the highway.

Old people engine, driven like an old man. ;D
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #250 on: September 21, 2008, 07:43:58 AM »
My 1990 F-150 with the 300 cid in-line 6 and the five speed gets 18 in town and 23 on the highway.

Old people engine, driven like an old man. ;D

Imagine that!

:o ::)

;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #251 on: September 21, 2008, 10:32:33 AM »
My new PU is a GMC Sierra 1500 with a V6. I've never really checked the mileage on it and I have only driven it about 60 miles one way on a trip. This will be the first long trip in it. I plan on driving about 62 mph with the cruise control. My 99 Silverado has the 350 4 barrel V8 and it gets about 16 mpg. It's in good shape, I think the V6 will get better mileage.  I'm hopin' that 20 mpg is realistic.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #252 on: September 21, 2008, 02:43:22 PM »
I hope so, but don't hold your breath. I have 2 p/u's A 1987 K-10 with a 350 and 4 speed, and a 2003 S-10 4WD with a 4.3 auto. I haven't checked the '87 in years because it seldom leaves the farm and when it does it's pulling a trailer but it always used to get 15-16 mph. The S-10 usually gets around 17.  >:(

Offline Mustang Gregg

• .44 BP GUNFIGHTER
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • LtCol Mustang Gregg & Col Pitspitr at NE CSG 2007
    • Wild West Arms
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #253 on: September 22, 2008, 01:17:49 PM »
Col Pitspitr:

You guys have fun at Ft Hartsuff. 
I'll be thinking about the Muster & match whilst stuck on duty at Ft Flat Water. 
I cannot get away for the 2008 siorre.

Apolgies,
Mustang Gregg
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

Offline Guns Garrett

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #254 on: September 23, 2008, 10:29:49 AM »
My 4-banger (2.3?) 1994 S-10 gets about 30 mpg when the aircleaner's new, running back and forth to work (16 mi. each way).  I haven't checked the mileage on a long-haul trip on the highway. After a few weeks, mpg drops to about 26.

My 750 Honda Shadow ACE gets about 55mpg - about 160 miles before going on reserve (2.9 gal).

On the otherhand, my '95 Tahoe 350 V8 gets maybe 18mpg on the higway on a good day, but about 8 when I'm towing my 26'camper.  (I learned the hard way about towing in O/D - going to the 2005 Muster in Garnett, by the way).

I'm splitting the difference, and the wife and I are driving our PT Cruiser (24 mpg) to Ord next week.
"Stand, gentlemen; he served on Samar"

GAF #301

Offline RattlesnakeJack

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #255 on: September 23, 2008, 03:47:30 PM »
Col. Pitspitr:

Just a heads up that it appears you can release my bunk in the Fort Hartsuff barracks, if you are in need of it for anyone else .....

:o

???

:-\

:'(

;) ;D ::)

I am coming to Muster, mind you ....... but my wussy 'batman' insists on a motel room, so have booked one in Ord.

Lookin' forward to seein' everyone!
Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

Offline Texas Lawdog

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #256 on: September 23, 2008, 05:05:17 PM »
I hope the gas prices don't cause anymore casualties for the Muster this year.  This will probably my vacation for the year so i will make the trip up there from Texas.

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #257 on: September 23, 2008, 06:15:48 PM »
Just a heads up that it appears you can release my bunk in the Fort Hartsuff barracks, if you are in need of it for anyone else .....
I am coming to Muster, mind you ....... but my wussy 'batman' insists on a motel room, so have booked one in Ord.
You are so cruel!
I thought for a minute you were telling me you weren't coming. And after  I had assured the producers of COWBOYS that you would be here.

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #258 on: September 23, 2008, 06:17:31 PM »
I hope the gas prices don't cause anymore casualties for the Muster this year. 

I hope not too, though I think those that have registered are pretty committited to attending.

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #259 on: September 23, 2008, 08:32:34 PM »
I hope not too, though I think those that have registered are pretty committited to attending.

I was committed, too - I just couldn't broker the travel deal.  Dang fuel costs!  >:(

My wife tells me regularly that I should be committed.  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com