Author Topic: Question for people who own both 5.5 and the 7.5 1875s  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Whiptail Moses

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
Question for people who own both 5.5 and the 7.5 1875s
« on: October 14, 2020, 12:43:56 PM »
There's been a couple of posts about what people use and accuracy differences between short and long barrels, but what about balance? Do you notice any major difference between the lengths when aiming? Do any of them feel better?
I've called around and no one has them in stock for miles around me, so trying one out doesn't seem like a possibility at the moment.

I'm thinking of getting a pair of 1890 police and then adding an an 1875 sail to them.
'Whiptail' Moses Byron Ames

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Question for people who own both 5.5 and the 7.5 1875s
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 08:45:17 AM »
WM, I did the exact thing you're looking at a couple of lustrum ago. In 44 I didn't notice that big a difference, at least not that affected cowboy shooting ranges. The longer barrel does shift the feel a little, would probably be more noticeable in a 38/357, but in 44 or 45, to me at least, wasn't that big a deal having dealt with long and short Colt style revolvers as well. Nowadays I tend to prefer the longer barrels, eyes aren't what they used to be, although my stable is full of short ponies.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com